Chapter 6

AYANNA'S POV:

   "Ladies, gather 'round,"Coach says a couple weeks later.

"Ma'am yes ma'am,"Max salutes and Coach gives him a look.

    "Don't you sass me, Max! I could bench you,"

 "The horror!!! The...da da da.... Bench,"Max exagerates and falls to the ground. I roll my eyes and help him up.

    "Ignoring Max, the first game of the season is this Friday and if we want to keep up our good name, we have to beat this team," Coach explains and a bunch of cheers go out.

   "So let's beat them so far into the ground that they never ever EVER want to come back to this town and even sudder at the name of our school," he continues and i join in on the cheering this time.

  "Let's make this the best practice so far," he finishes and we sprint onto the field.

After practice is over, Max and I are walking to my car when Bryson jogs over with his friends.

 ""Hey, Max, we are having a party tonight, you in?"Bryson asks and avoids my eyes.

      "Can Aya go?" Max asks and some of the guys groan. I blush and look away.

"No, you o, Max. It'll be fun,"I say quietly.

    "Sure, Ayanna can come. There will be other girls there, but i guess she's a guy now, so that should be a turn on," one of Bryson's friends joke and the others laugh. Brsyon makes a small chukle, but it seems forced.

   "Well when you put it like that, i will deffinetly not go,"I snap and Max glares at the guys.

 "Then count me out too," he says and everybody else looks surprised.

      "Fine... Aya can come and we'll treat her correctly," Bryson say and now everybody looks at him in shock.

  "Great! See you there,"Max says and grabs my arm to pull me away. I let myself be drug away before turning to Max.

      "Why would you do that? Now they are going to think i am a baby if i don't go and will make fun of me if i do go," I complain and Max rolls his eyes.

  "Don't be a baby,"he says andd i punch his arm.

      "" I am not being one,"I snap and he raises his eyebrows skeptically.

 "Sure you're not and i'm not the hottest guy in our school,"he jokes and i laugh.

      "That's right! You're not and i'm not,"I say and he gives me a mock confused look.

  "You're not the hottest guy in our school?" He asks.

    "No! That's not what i meant and you know it,"I say while laughing.

 "Yeah, i'm sure that's not what you meant because that would just be awkward," he says and i shake my head.

      "So, you'll go then?"He asks and i nod slowly.

 "Sure, why not..."I reply and he pumps his fist in the air with victory.

 "I'll meet you at Bryson's house at 9:00," he says and jos over to his car and peels out of the parking lot. I am still shaking my head when Maggie walks over to me.

      "What are you still doing here?"I ask her and she shrugs but looks really sad.

 "I don't know. Just waiting for you,"she replies.

    "What's the matter? Did Bryson say something to you? I swear if he insulted you i will break his face,"I snap and she shakes her head.

     "It's not him. It's Sharon... She just has this way of ruining my life," she explains.