•15

27th Mar, 2021

Writer.

Flashback.

She and her mother were alone when her father's dead body was brought to them.
Now that they two sat beside the bed where her father laid, unmoved and asleep forever, she noticed her mother struggling for breathe.

She looked at her mother with pity and pain seeing her crying so badly.

"Mumma....."

"Please...wake him up....please...call your Baba.. he'll listen..to you....."

Her mother pleaded with a soft tone that begin getting harsh as she covered her mouth with her hands fighting with this unbearable pain in her heart.

Thanzia's eyes filled with tears and heart with burden unable to witness all these.

She looked at her father's face with a puppy face, begging him to wake up, but she knows that he has escaped away from this temporary life.

"How can you leave us....don't leave me....I can't live with..out you...please love....wake ...up..."

She blankly stared at her mother with uncontrollable tears rolling down her eyes.

"Mumma...Don't cry..."

"Zia wake him up...he..promised to not...leave me...I..can't..."

She held her head with her hands and closed her eyes to take breathe, but felt that to be very difficult to be taken.

Her body begin shivering at which Thanzia immediately came forward with fear rising up in her.

"Mumma....Mumma..."

Her mother opened her eyes to stare at her with a slight smile appearing in her lips, her eyes showering Thanzia with love and guilt as she understood what awaits her within moments.

"Baba left us..."
Thanzia pouted with fresh drops of tears raining down her eyes as she sat beside her father on the floor.

She held her mother's hand as she pulled her head to her chest and kissed her forehead. Breaking the hug, she moved a step away and looked down, her eyes slightly closing.

Her mother's last breathe escaped as she just let out the words of Shahadah and rested her head on her husband's chest.

"Ma...Mumma..."

•••••

"Thanzi.....zia..."

"Aapi...he..too...left me.."

She rested her head in Mahia's shoulder as her grip tightened over Tanveer's unmoved hand.

She held his hand to her abdomen as her eyes stared at his closed ones, begging for their attention though she knows that they're never going to gawk at hers again.