•14

29th Sep, 2020

Writer.

Sick of Mayrah's endless refusals, the Doctor backed off, heavily exhaling out as she stared at Isaa, glaring him. In return he simply passed her a smile, a smile of helplessness and pity.

Even the nurse were annoyed by now, just a bit far from being unnerved and snap Mayrah's neck in rage.

But could he be? Never, no matter how crazy she gets, how stubborn and careless she acts.

Rather, Isaa was genuinly guilty of her state. Her each cry hitched his heart. But he had nothing in his hand anymore.

He didn't even inform their family about the abortion today, which made him even more worried of their reaction.

"Doctor Isaa, if you allow, we don't mind to...fo.. force her?" She asked leaving Mayrah's side and walked to him.

Frustrated, Mayrah gritted her teeth at the words and threw a water bottle to the doctor's way, attacking her right in the head.

"YOU WITCH. I Will Kill Your Child. You're doing too mu...."

"Mayrah...calm down." Isaa rushed to hug while caressing her back to ease her fury and pain.

"You...you are worse than her. Leave me. I don't love you anymore. Isaa...uhh..hmm.." Her voice suddenly weakened as she coughed, tears instantly filling her eyes.

Isaa put his hand below her mouth just when she began to bleed.

With another hand, he kept patting her back.

"Err..mm.."

"Breathe baby, it's fine....nurse, tissues please."

He wiped her mouth and washed his hand as the nurse brought a bowl of water along.

Mayrah hid her face in his chest searching for peace in the air.
Once again she coughed and few droplets of blood oozed out of her mouth, wetting his shirt.

"It'll be okay, love."

"Isaaaa..."

"Hmm...relax."
He mumbled in a gentle voice, soothing her pain.

For a few minutes, she remained silent, enjoying the warmth he provided her.
But when he pulled apart from the hug and cupped her face with his eyes hopeful,  Mayrah again called her ferocity back.

"Don't you trust me?"
He seemed disappointed, but she was more.

"No..no abortion please. I will do anything you say, but not this."
Her eyes turned bloodred as she wiped her tears and spoke powerlessly.

"Listen to me for once..."

"My parents didn't abort me, Isaa...they chose to let me live even knowing that it would harm me and my mother. Why can't we? Why not?"

She sniffled, accusing him. Isaa blankly stared at her not knowing what to response anymore.

"Is that not why you are in this condition today?"
He knew it didn't make sense, but in no way he'd take the risk her parents took.