•16

8th Jan, 2022

Writer.

A month later.

Heartbeat university, a universe of medical study with all the possible Islamic teachings and guidelines still, couldn't guarantee safety to the women folk.

"Say..Sayba.."

"No no Yazan no..I.. can't I'm dyi..."

"I SAID SHUT UP! CALM DOWN."

Sayba froze at the rigorous warning that dared her to sob again or continue talking nonsense.

Her grip tightened over the cellphone held against her ear, lips wobbling in gloominess due to her husband's such threatening voice.

She remained quiet for few seconds and upon not hearing anything said from the other side of the phone from Yazan, another fear filled whimper escaped her mouth.

Yazan sighed at this, regretting his reaction.
"Love...listen to me, hmm?"
He lovingly said.

"Hm..hmm.."

"You need to be brave and save her, you need to stop crying." Yazan instructed.

She wiped her tears and was about to response in the positive but another scream roared in her eardrums resulting her tremoring to the core.

"Yazaannn...com..come soon...he will..rape her..."
Sayba whispered struggling to hold back her hiccups and sobs, tightly hugging her body to a ball.

She was reading in the library ignoring how hours passed and the whole university emptied.

Now that she realized she had to leave, learnt that she got locked in here mistakenly along with a girl forcefully trapped, begging for mercy from the guy she rejected and now brought here to have his ways.

"Yazan..."

"My lioness...hushh...I..I am just coming..but you need to show up sweetheart, just go and hit him from behind or distract him..please Sayba?"

Yazan calmly spoke hiding his  agitation, driving as fast as possible.

"I..can't...she..she is so helpless like me...she isn't fighting ba..back..if..if I go out he'll...."

"Love, despite being there you're not going out to help. Please Sayba, I'll reach within minutes, you both will be fine just...stand brave."

"I couldn't help myself..how will I hel.."

"Tighten your faith, you can, just go out."

Sayba took a minute to get over her tears and overpowered her suffocation.

"Some..body help.. please help."

Helpless whines of the girl reminded her of herself being in the same situations for months over months.

She inhaled in a deep breathe and stood up deciding to fulfil her duty and not hide at a side like a looser.