•19

2nd Feb, 2022

Finally afforded to write a LONG chapter after SO long!

Writer.

"I'm infertile..I ca-can't be a father...Sayba, I can't give you babies."

Yazan mumbled, his words barely audible but she clearly received the message as he had her face in both his hands against his, their breathe hitting together.

Sayba wasn't much astounded. More than the information he gave, his sufferance and tears bothered her.

Right now she only knew that her husband needed to be subdued.
So she simply nodded over his words while he was staring at her with tears continously dripping down his eyes.

"We..can't be parents."
She lowly uttered the words, her gaze lowered down breaking the eye contact.

"I can't...you could."

Sayba looked up again, shaking her head at his words, her eyes getting moist to hear him sob like a child.

"It'a we, we can't. And Yazan..."

Coming closer, she undid the first two buttons of his shirt and slipped her hand in to rub his chest, trying to soothe his heartache, her other hand holding him by his nape.

"It doesn't matter, okay? Don't cry."

"It doesn't? I..I knew that before I asked you to marry me...I hid it for so lo..long."
Sayba frowned upon his words.

"Because our lives don't depend on this. This shouldn't concern our relationship and love, we won't let that happen right?"

"What if it happens?"

"It never will."
She leaned up to peck him on the forehead wiping his tears off.

"And you've no complaints towards me, Sayba? You won't regret that I snatched away your motherhood?"

"Yazan no...It's our fate and it's Allah who didn't bestowed parenthood upon us. I won't ever complain to Him and you..don't do that too, please?"

Yazan smiled while sniffling, his heart earning calmness from her confirmation.

"Promise me? Swear on Allah."
He demanded.

Startled, Sayba's eyes widened at this, her heart tightening in guilt and sorrow.

Did he doubt her love for him?

Where did she lack in loving him like he loved her?

"I am sorry that you're insecure about it for me...By Allah, we both might long for parenthood but our love will remain the same for infinity."

She said gulping the lumb that formed in her throat, the misery weakening her body that she dropped herself on him for strength.

Yazan's breathe evened soon, worry ceasing from his nerves having her assurance.
He gave themselves a minute to rest in comfortable silence before preparing himself for the next step.