•12

6th Nov, 2021

Hi!
Someone's back.

Writer.

Struggling with numb and wobbly legs, Yazan exited the OT, looking extremely petrified, finally done with the surgery that took him 4 hours straight.

He began unzipping his surgeon suit, his white shirt coloured in blood exposed to his eyes abruptly watered them.

Tears began to seep down his cheeks which wetted dried blood from them, that he got while kissing the dying person whose whole face was bleeding.

Locked in a cage of hopelessness and severe agony, he sobbed and whimpered like a lost unfed baby.

"Yazan."

Yazan stared up to his family watching him in fear and pity, while they themselves are enslaved to misery too.

"Ee..ee...is dying...."
Yazan complained in a low whispered, lips wobbling in disappointment.

"You shouldn't have joined in."
Iffaz's father said seeing him messed up so bad.

Where Doctors aren't allowed to perform surgery on their family members he went against fighting with those who tried stopping him.

He immediately shook his head disagreeing.
"Th..at's still fine if..mm..ee dies in my ha.nds, I gave the...best of me that..none else would."

As a doctor, he'd give up to save his patient, but here he's a companion, even after the surgery went almost unsuccessful, he wants to keep trying for that soul hasn't escaped yet, he might hold onto it.

Unable to stand on his feet any longer, he sank to the floor with a thud, his hand still massaging his heart trying to lessen the volume of it's screaming beats.

None forwarded to console him, knowing they don't own the ability to.
But she thought she might, so she courageously made her way to him.

"Zan...."
Yazan thirstily gazed up searching for her around.

Sayba realized herself to be awaited as he sobbed staring at her with terror and distress written over his face, as if wanting to share it with her.

"Zan...Yazan..."
She kneeled down and embraced him to a warm hug that he immediately resided in and pulled her tighter.

Those of their family excused this sight in order to meet the leading assistant of that operation to know the present condition of Iffaz.

Sayba caressed his back lovingly, hearing him cry like a baby, or a lady, or unlike most of the man who don't cry this bad and open.

"Sshh..he's gonna be fine, don't lose hope."

"I'm...so..so so so...scar..ed.. he..said to let him live...but he...he's leaving, he's not doing..well in that bed and I can do.. nothing....
You..you know he's killing mee..more than he himself is dying."

He sniffled between words, just the thought of losing Iffaz blocked every hope of having him back to life and already makes him believe that he's gone.