Ch. 5 - FRAYED

Florence's outfit

During flashbacks 🔻

During flashbacks 🔻

Chapter Five⊚ Frayed ⊚

Chapter Five
Frayed

Florence sat with her back against the window of the bus and her feet out in front of her on the seat as she glanced down at her phone. "Everything okay?" Danny asked making both Ethan and Florence look up, "Yeah. Why?" Ethan asked.

"You've both checked your phones three times in the last five minutes." Danny said and Florence shrugged slightly, "Waiting on a message." She said and Danny raised his eyebrows. "Anything important?" He asked and Florence and Danny glanced at each other, "No. Nothing." Ethan said.

Florence sighed softly and momentarily glanced back at where Scott and Stiles sat in the back of the bus before turning her head to look out the window.

"Yo, Scotty! Hey, yo! Scotty? Still with me?" Stiles said making Scott start paying attention to Stiles again, "Yeah, sorry. Uh, what's the word?" He asked and Stiles Stiles looks down at a vocabulary app on his tablet, "Anachronism."

"Something that exists our of its normal time."

"Nice! Okay, next word- "incongruous."

"Uh, can you use it in a sentence?"

"Yes. Yes, I can! It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet, after what just happened. Incongruous." Stiles says as he glanced around slightly, "Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." Scott said making Stiles nod.

"Perfect. Okay, next word. Um... Darach. Darach. It's a noun?" Stiles says slowly making Scott give him a look, "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?" Stiles said and Scott just turns to the window and the passing landscape. "Next word... Intransigent."

"Stubborn, obstinate." Scott says and then the bus hits a bump making him sits up with a gasp, "Oh, buddy, you okay?" Stiles asked and Scott nods, but with a pained expression.