Ch. 45 - LIES OF OMISSION

Florence's outfit

Chapter Forty-Five🎭 Lies Of Omission 🎭

Chapter Forty-Five
🎭 Lies Of Omission 🎭

"It's almost like this thing doesn't want to be found." Stiles said as he, Florence and Lydia walked around the preserve looking for the Nemeton. "Maybe it knows we're late for class... Because we've been here twice." Lydia said pointing at the mark she put on a tree to mark where they've been. "Crap."

"Can we talk to Jordan now?" Florence asked making Stiles turn to them, "Hang on- if the Nemeton's covered in bodies, shouldn't you be able to find them?" Stiles asked making Lydia raise her eyebrows at him, "Me?" She asked making him nod. "Yes, you. That's what you do! You're the Banshee. You find the bodies. And Florence, you're kind of connected to the Nemeton. You should be able to find it." He said making Lydia roll her eyes.

"Well, the Banshee and the Phoenix are having an off-day, so how about we talk to Parrish?" Lydia asked making him sigh, "We can't." He said. "Why not?" Lydia asked and he hesitated for a moment, "Because one of the bodies... One of them could be..." He trailed off making Florence sigh softly while Lydia raised her eyebrows.

"Could be what?"

"One of them could be a clue..." He said, and Florence sighed, "We're leaving now, Stiles. Lydia and I are going to talk to Jordan and tell him he's the one taking the bodies and I have some part in it. It's always better when they know." Florence said, giving him a slight hinting tone in her voice before grabbing Lydia's hand and walking away.

"Well, then, he should know... he owes me a Jeep!"

🎭

"So, if this place is so important, how come you didn't want to show it to me before?" Parrish asked glancing over at Florence then back at Lydia as he drove near the woods. Florence was in the passenger seat and Lydia was sitting in the back. "Well, the problem is it's not easy to find..." Lydia said and he raised his eyebrows.

"Should we put it in the GPS?" He asked making Florence chuckle and shake her head, "You have a supernatural GPS?" She asked and he glanced at her. "So, how are we going to find it? Because I don't remember ever being anywhere near a giant tree stump." He asked as he made a turn making Florence smirk, "I have and I think you're already starting to remember." She said making him look at her confused.

"How do you know that?" He asked and Florence glanced back at Lydia, "Because you just took a right turn." Lydia said making him furrow his brows and look through the rearview mirror, slightly alarmed.

Not long later, Florence, Parrish and Lydia walked around the preserve glancing around. "Anything look familiar?" Lydia asked and he sighed and shook his head, "Nothing. I'm trying, but it all looks like woods to me." He said and Florence sighed and shook her head slightly. "Me too." She and Lydia pursed her lips slightly.