03

small heads up: ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)( ͡° ل͜ ͡°)( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

--------------------------------------

Upon reaching the basement, Illu opened the door for me. I walked inside and heard the door getting locked from behind.

I didn't bother to look at Illumi and just went directly to the room's closet.

It was my idea to ask Silva-san if we could have at least a portable closet but they made a huge one for the training room. Because me, Illu, and the kids would sometimes train promptly from work without getting a chance to change.

"I'll just go and get changed," I muttered.

I did not wait for Illumi to respond and made my way inside the walk-in closet. It didn't take that long, I just changed into a racerback sports tank top and spandex shorts. It was a little loose so I chose to wear a sports bra for my inner.

Hearing the click of the sliding door that leads to the walk-in closet, Illumi raised his head and glanced over to scan my body.

"Why didn't you bring your cards? This might be the right time for you to use and try new things with them while you're in a combat," he stated as he does some exercises to warm up.

He was doing push-ups using only one hand.

"I can deal with the cards later, Illu," I replied, starting to get ready too. "... I'll deal with you first," I added.

"I'll get your cards, you get ready in here. We will start when I come back," he said with finality.

I nodded and wasted no time to start warming up as well.

'Which one should I use for today?'

I thought.

Illu told me he would train me for more hours today, and he even said he wouldn't let me rest until someone interrupts.

"Enhancer? No, my body works by itself as soon as it took damage. I'm already used to pain so that won't help me this time." I talked to myself, doing push-ups.

"Transmuting? No, I have some of my darts with me," I murmured to myself as I looked to the side where Illu's pins were placed.

"I can take and borrow his pins for the meantime," I thought out loud.

"Emission? Hmm, I might consider that... Ahh, no. Emitting would drain my energy fast, and this isn't a long-range fight." I spoke out loud.

"I should be fine with manipulating and conjuring today. If I can't reach Illu's pins as we fight, I might as well conjure darts and daggers... then manipulate them," I whispered to myself.

I heard the door getting unlocked and saw Illumi. But as soon as I saw him, he attacked me using my cards. I reacted quickly and dodged, catching some of the cards in my hands.

"Still as fast as always," he remarked with a faint of the tiniest smile he could wear.

No, it was a smirk.

He locked the door behind him and placed the rest of my cards at the nearest table he found.

Right! With the categories that I chose to use today, things should go well. I can manipulate the cards but I'm not sure if I would be able to conjure some while sparring with Illumi. I might as well figure things out along the process as we fight.

"Also, I've always wanted to try his tricks with his cards... But still couldn't get the hang of it," I heard him say.

"What do you mean his tricks?" I asked innocently, trying out the cards that Zabala left for me. We were talking calmly as we exchange attacks like it was the most normal thing we do in our everyday life.