35

I'd love to admit that I almost lost it when Chrollo mentioned Gon and Killua.

I guess I do have an interesting father, huh?

I kept my eyes shut as I was getting lost in my deep thoughts. I know I'm supposed to be here to get Chrollo to fight Hisoka... but then, shit happened which needs to be dealt with by none other than me.

"Princess, talk to me, please..." Chrollo begged.

After the scene where I thought Fei would go against me, Chrollo dismissed the Troupe. I went to his room and played with my cards to avoid all of their presence.

Also, I let a bit of my bloodlust spread across the entire building, so I already expected that no one would dare to go force their way just to talk to me.

Well... aside from this man beside me right now.

I grunted and didn't bother to calm myself.

"What is it now, Chrollo?" I asked in a cold voice.

"Is this about Feitan's behavior?"

I pretended that I didn't hear him.

"Hey-"

"Chrollo, I have a question," I said while building a card house. "Would you mind if I ended up killing the entire troupe someday?" I asked.

I didn't hear a response so I went on without looking at him.

"Right, it's a miracle that I would even ask if you do mind or not. To me, killing people is as normal like I'm drinking water," I stated.

"Hmm, that's sudden," Chrollo replied.

"What?"

"You talked to me," he said.

"Well, I guess I did,"

After that, there was silence between the two of us but it wasn't awkward for me.

I can escape if I want to, but I don't want to risk both of my kids' lives.

For sure, they don't even have an idea where I am right now. They might think that I'm still with the magician at the arena.

I clenched my fist while manipulating all of my cards to gather them, before deciding to stand up and just go to sleep.

"Where are you going to sleep? We've been together in your room for a couple of days, yet I don't get a chance to see you where you take a rest," I said.

"I'm not sleeping when you're asleep," he replied.

"Hmm? Afraid that I might escape?" I scoffed as I was preparing his bed.

Chrollo nodded in response.

"There's no need for that. Sleep beside me. I won't escape," I casually said and threw myself on his bed, wrapping the comforter all around my body as it gets cold because of the air-conditioning.

"But-"

"I miss Hisoka and as if you'd let me escape even if I attempted to, so come and sleep beside me. I'm not going anywhere, Chrollo," I cut him off in a low voice.

He looks so rest assured that I finally gave up the thought of escaping, as he exhaled a deep breath and moved from his position.

"I'll go take a shower first to freshen up. You don't have to wait for me," he said.

"Whatever. Just turn off all the lights, please... it's more calming for me to sleep in darkness," I noted before covering my entire body with the comforter. I even covered up my nose because I feel like my throat is getting dry from breathing the cold breeze in.