23

I registered myself for a fight right after I got inside.

"Wait for your name to be called, Miss Hageshi,"

If memory serves me right, competitors aren't allowed to use any kind of weapon from down here, on the first floor, up to the 199th floor. But you can use any means or way to defeat your opponent, just don't use any weapon.

When I got here for the first time, I left after reaching the 200th floor. I didn't spend the prize money that I have earned, I just transferred them to my bank account. Also, Illumi gave no orders for me to stay, he just said that I must reach the 200th floor within a day or else, he would make me run around the mountain for more laps than I usually do with the family's watchdog, Mike, chasing me.

Mike is a hound that shows little to no emotion who has gone through strict training by the elders from the family and always tries to memorize the scent of the strangers to differentiate an intruder from us. Mike was more like a machine than a living animal, and it listens to nobody other than the Zoldycks.

"By now, my name should be called already-"

"Calling the attention of Ms. Hageshi, it's your turn to fight in the arena! Please proceed to ring I."

I heard the voice over the PA.

I walked over and stepped inside the small space where the other fighters are fighting with each other to knock their opponent out.

'That's all you gotta do, anyway. Unless both of you agrees on a deathmatch to settle your score.'

My opponent was already there when I came upon the mini-stage on the first floor. The crowd started to chant and cheer different names as time goes by.

"Hageshi Zoldyck is back! How will she fight this time? Is she going to steal her opponent's heart for the nth time?"

I huffed when I heard the commentator.

'So there are some oldies who can still remember me.'

"I want a deathmatch," My opponent declares loud and clear.

"Ha! How is she going to win if she's up against a man?"

"I want to fight her so I can advance already to the higher floors,"

He's a big man and he's towering over me if I will compare my height with him. He's got a bulky muscular body, but that didn't impress me at all.

"Just because you're bigger than me doesn't mean you are strong enough to take me down," I calmly said. "I doubt you can't even lay a finger on me," I scoffed as I displayed a proud and confident smirk on my face which seemed to piss him off.

"You-"

"Can we start now?" I asked the referee.

"Yes. A deathmatch it is..." he paused for a little while.

"Begin!"

I remained standing there in the middle of the 'ring', looking unimpressed as I wait for my opponent to strike.

"What's so special with stealing hearts?!" the guy grunted loudly.

In a split second, he was right behind me and was about to land a punch, but I ducked to dodge his fist. I tripped his feet when I ducked and when he was about to fall, I tripped him again, making him smooch the ground.

"Come on, keep up. You've got the guts to call for a deathmatch, so stand by your decision," I grinned.

"Fight me," he demanded.