17

"Pika and Oreo? They're your targets?" I asked the man beside me.

"You call them that? I thought you don't make friends?" He teased.

"Knock it off, Hisoka. It's easier to call them that way," I glared at him. He grabbed me by the wrist as he pulled me to run. But then, as we were running our way to his newly found prey, I felt another presence behind us.

Looks like we're being followed.

I wonder who's our tail.

After a marathon, we stopped and he leaned against a tree. He says we can stop here and wait for his preys to come this way.

"Oh? They're coming already," I told him. I climbed my way up to a tree and sat comfortably on a huge branch to be able to see what's going on down there.

"Hehe, why do I run into people I don't want to see?" Leorio nervously laughed.

"You see, all I need is two more points. I was hoping maybe, you'll give your badges to me." Hisoka said.

"GIVE YOU WHA-"

"Leorio," Pika warned.

"You said you only need two points. That means neither one of us is the primary target. Am I right about that?" Kurapika went on.

"Leave the questions to me, all right? Now, will you give me your badges or not? Answer carefully." Hisoka raised his card.

Both of them conversed as Kurapika tried to propose something without having to fight the magician. On the other hand, Leorio was just there, standing and frowning in confusion who looks like a lost child waiting for his mom to come back.

"If you insist on taking them by force, prepare to fight me for them," Kurapika said with finality as they dropped their things to prepare for a fighting stance.

"Make sure not to end up killing each other," They all turned to me, except for Hisoka, and were surprised by my sudden presence.

"Hageshi?!" Leorio grunted. "Are you betraying us?!" He sulked.

"I'm not betraying anyone," I calmly replied.

"Then why are you with him?" The teenager asked.

"You got a problem with that?" I asked back which shut him up. "Don't mind me, I just want to watch what will happen. Pretend that I'm not here at all," I suggested as I rested my back on the tree branch I'm leaning against.

They were standing in front of each other, waiting for someone to initiate the first move. But then, Hisoka started to chuckle which soon turned into a burst of maniac laughter.

"He's gone crazy," I whispered to myself.

"Very well, you have yourself a deal. I'll take the badge worth a single point." I watch how Hisoka kept his card, making himself clear that he's not going to harm someone in the meantime.

"I'll leave it here," Pika placed the badge somewhere else near the tree as they left.

"Don't look so concerned, I'll stay right here until you're out of my sight." True to his words, he did stay where he was standing until the Kurapika and Leorio were no longer visible in his sight.

"Hmm?" I jumped.

"Such a pity. Not the badge I was hoping for." I peeked over to see what number was written on the badge number, only to find #118 on it.

"Whose badge are you looking for?" I have a hunch-no. I know exactly whose badge he's looking for but I still asked. "Is it #405? Gon?" I purposely said that out loud. Not so long until I heard a slight rustling sound behind the bushes. It was so slight that if I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings, I wouldn't notice it.