09

( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)

-------------------------------

The magician didn't waste a second.

He rushed towards me.

"When your opponent charges forward, you have the advantage. From your position, you must be able to predict his moves." Illumi demonstrated as he rushed in my direction. My body automatically moved on its own, dodging his sudden charge.

"That's the dumbest thing your opponent can do, rushing forward... And oh, your years of training are slowly paying off since your body already got used to fighting that it knows how to react fast before you could even think."

But knowing Magician, he wouldn't do such a stupid thing. He might have something behind his sleeves since he's a magician.

I have to keep my distance for now.

Dodging his attacks would be my best option for the meanwhile.

"Calm your mind and think. Rushing forward to your enemy will be the last thing you want to do. Create a distance from your opponent, for example, dodge." He swung his right foot followed by another attack, which forced me to dodge and create at least a small distance between us. "I'm impressed, you're a fast learner. And at a young age, you haven't failed any of your missions yet..." he added.

"You still have a long way to go but I won't let you fall behind us. You will walk beside me, Hageshi. You are a Zoldyck, and a Zoldyck doesn't follow anyone's footsteps. We walk on our own paths." Illumi's words left a mark on my heart and mind.

"Create a small distance and observe your opponent carefully," I murmured to myself.

That didn't go unnoticed by Magician. After realizing that I'm trying to widen the space between us, he sent his cards flying in my direction. Not even giving me the chance to think. But I'm not new to this either, I can think and my body would automatically respond to my instincts.

"Now is not the time to dance with my cards, Gum~," he said with that annoying smug look on his face.

I ignored him.

"You can follow the lead of your opponent... and you must know if it is your turn to take over. Make them think that everything is going exactly as they anticipated."

Right!

I guess I'll be dancing with your cards for a while, Magician.

He would close the distance between us and will back away for a second, before rushing to shower me with his attacks. I was busy dodging his cards when he grabbed my cloak and took it off me.

"Oops, I didn't mean to take it off~ I'm sorry, Gum~" He teased.

"You don't look like it," I grunted.

After studying and observing his pattern of almost unpredictable moves, I decided to counterattack. If I focused too much on defending myself, he will have the advantage sooner or later.

Blows after blows.

Exchanging attacks with each other.

"If you know your victory isn't guaranteed, run and escape.."

My eyes widened.

I was stunned after feeling a tremendous amount of fear.

"Huh?"

I blinked.

I couldn't move my body.

What... in the world?