27

In the middle of the night, I unconsciously woke up.

I rubbed my eyes as I looked at the clock on the mini table next to the bed.

1:47 AM

I moved from Hisoka's arm and stood up to stretch my body. The collar of my sleepwear has gotten loose from my sleep but I didn't bother to fix them, they will just get messy all over again anyway.

"Ahh," I yawned.

Hisoka is still in a deep slumber, and I watched him peacefully before my eyes shifted to the spiderweb-looking information glued on the wall just above the headboard.

I don't feel like going back to sleep right now so I made my way to the kitchen and made myself some iced coffee. There were leftover papers on the table that we didn't stick to the wall just yet.

My eyes scanned the documents thoroughly as I recalled Hisoka telling me something about what he whispered in Kurapika's ear, back then at the hotel where the Final Phase of the Exam took place.

"I told him to meet with us on September the 1st~" Hisoka said as he played with my hair.

"Us? I'm coming with you?"

"Yes,"

"Why?"

"We'll tell him more about the Spiders who he's after,"

"How did you know that? What makes you so sure?" I asked the magician.

"I caught a glimpse of his eyes turning into Scarlet Red, and that's when I knew,"

That's all he told me.

Based on Hisoka's conclusion, Kurapika is after the Spiders to avenge the clan he belongs to, the Kurta Clan. Since the Troupe was notorious and well-known for being bandits, it happened that the Troupe entirely wiped their clan out and stole their scarlet eyes.

The magician also said that there's also a possibility that their eyes will glow scarlet if they are emotionally agitated.

After doing a bit of research, I found out that Scarlet Eyes is considered as one of the most gorgeous colors in the world... and they are treated as a rare jewel by the majority.

If I were the leader of the Spiders, I would've done the same.

I grinned.

"I'm starting to get really interested," I whispered.

After spending some time staring at those papers, I decided to come back to bed next to Hisoka. I adjusted the magician whose body was about to fall from the other side and made him flip over so he can have a bigger space for his big body.

"So damn heavy,"

I ended up being trapped by his legs and arms as he pulled me closer to him, completely dropping his weight on me.

I noticed that his shirt was also getting loose from moving too much, revealing some parts of his skin. So I used my Puppet Strings to get the comforter over and already had the blouse of Hisoka's sleepwear fixed, for him to not catch a cold.

---------------------

"Once again, Gon and Killua have knocked out their opponents with one attack! It just means that both of them have successfully cleared the 190th floor! Both competitors advance to the 200th floor!"

I rubbed my eyes.

"I'm impressed that they easily reached the 200th floor, but it's still too early~" Hisoka muttered.