24

"Rise and shine, Gum~"

I felt Hisoka's lips on my forehead as I woke up.

"No,"

"What do you mean?"

"...still want to sleep," I mumbled.

"We have to go somewhere," Hisoka said in a low tone.

"This early? Where?" I slightly opened my eyes.

"Just to the mall, we'll buy some groceries and stuff," he answered.

"Why?"

"You're asking too many questions that already had obvious answers, Gum~" the magician chuckled.

I looked up at him as I rub my eyes. His hair was still down and surprisingly, he wears no make-up.

I thought he don't take them off, lol.

I yawned and stretched some muscles while in bed.

"You look better when your hair is down like that," I told him when I laid on his lap.

"You think so? I'll keep it down more often then," Hisoka sneered.

"Yeah," I whispered. "So why do we need to go shopping? For what reason, exactly?" I asked when I remember him telling me the reason why he woke me up this early.

"You'll stay here with me," he said with finality.

"No," I stubbornly replied and hugged his torso when I faced his body.

"Yes,"

"No,"

"That's an order then," Even if I am not looking at him, I can feel his victorious smirk on his face.

"You fucking clown," I laughed.

"Ah, yes, you would-"

"So noisy! Tch," I clicked my tongue.

"You're saying no to me but what you're doing practically says otherwise," Hisoka chuckled as he ran his fingers through my hair. He paused for a brief moment before speaking again, "I remember that you want to cut my nails when we get out of the Trick Tower?" he asked.

"Did I say it?"

"You forgot?"

"Perhaps," I answered.

I felt an intense glare piercing into my skin as I had goosebumps, and when I looked up to check on the magician, he was glaring at me like he was going to murder someone.

"Just kidding, I didn't forget about it," I laughed with amusement.

What I had told him just now seemed to make him relaxed as the grim expression on his face was quickly replaced with a smirk.

"So what's our plan today?" I asked.

"Shopping~ But first, cut my nails," Hisoka stood to search for his nail cutter and gave it to me.

"You don't mind if I cut it short, do you?"

"Do it the way you like,"

"Okay," I replied.

I held his hand and cut his nails shorter. I didn't change the shape of his nails, I just cut had to cut them shorter than before because it really makes me uncomfortable. I feel like he would stab himself with his own sharp nails.

I just don't want to end up losing a partner with nails as the cause of his death, lmao.

"Hmm~ What's the color of your hair, really?" Hisoka tucked the loose hair strands behind my ear.