38

My apologies if it's taking me too long to update. I wanted to make sure that we would get the ending we all desire for Hageshi and Hisoka... and I want to narrow down all the ideas I've got in my mind to make sure nothing else would get left behind.

WARNING: A LONG-ASS CHAPTER. I'M SORRY IN ADVANCE.

------------------------

[Back to Hageshi's POV]

"You see, prompting to activate Spadille can kill you in an instant if things begin to get out of control... so, you might want to calm down a little, Saara," Zabala awkwardly sneered as he scratched the back of his head.

My vision was starting to get dizzy, and it gets darker and darker each time I blink. The burning sensation inside me also has surged, like a godly strength suddenly came rushing to flow along with my blood.

"Ahh... it's so much easier to drag you into doing all the dirty work for me, isn't it?" Zabala exhaled.

I can hear his voice, but I have no idea where it comes from. Earlier, I was standing at the base of the Phantom Troupe, beside Chrollo, and in front of the rest of the people inside the building. But now, all I can see is pitch black. Not to mention that I feel like I'm naked amidst this darkness.

I'm not even joking. I feel like my exposed soul has been stripped down to its last piece.

"You want to know what happened to your mother?"

I remained silent and tried to find something in the dark, but failed to do so.

It makes me feel suffocated and at the same time, it gives me peace. This is the darkness I'm always talking about whenever I go to sleep with the lights out.

"Let's test your loyalty to the Zoldycks now. I'm going to tell you the truth about your mother," I heard Zabala somewhere else. He's not so far, and also not close. I just know that he's somewhere in this darkness I am currently in.

"Is this the work of Spadille?"

I asked myself.

"Hmm?~"

"You've been with the magician for a long time that you both started to adapt each other's way of speaking and mannerisms..." Zabala commented. "It's him, right?" his voice echoed.

"What do you mean?"

"Chrollo just claimed it as his to protect your man and that kid,"

I gave him no response.

"That's yours and Hisoka's child, isn't it? I just played along with Chrollo's little act,"

He asked but the way Zabala spoke, he sounded so sure like he's been given a confirmation already.

I didn't talk. I just stood there in the middle of nowhere to listen to what he has to say.

After a few minutes of silence, Zabala sighed and spilled the truth out of his mouth.

"Sakura didn't die in an accident, she was assassinated,"

A deafening sound then soon occupied my ears which made me wince in pain.

"The Zoldycks annihilated her because they thought that our clan would become a threat to their family one day,"

My eyes widened.

No.

...but it's also possible.

I shook my head.

No!

"No---"

"What do you mean, Saara? You know deep inside that it's possible. Do you really think that your mother would be killed that easily in an accident? We both outlived death a lot of times before, she could've survived an accident if what happened was really an accident! But it wasn't!" Zabala raised his voice, causing me to cover my ears. The deafening ringing sound lingers, making my head and ears pound so bad.