Connection

❝ I think we're alone now,

I think we're alone now,

There doesn't seem to be anyone around

I think we're alone now,

The beating of our hearts is the only sound

"Are you crazy?!" Jo yelled skeptically, glancing over the edge of the cliff.

Edward shrugged. "Alright. Then just forget about learning how to use all of your powers. I'm sure you'll be fine with just the one,"

Jo glared.

"It's two actually, you ass," she grumbled with her arms crossed over her chest in defiance.

Out of all the days in the year that he could've chosen, Edward the-freaking-sparkly-genius Cullen decided that the day the weather was at its worst and the ocean was at its most angry and violent, would be an excellent day to take Jo cliff diving.

Yes, you heard me right.

Cliff diving.

Let me back up a little.

You see, after their awkward initial meeting, Edward and Jo had surprisingly hit it off pretty well. According to him, her thoughts were very amusing and "unusually so yet quiet enough that he could hear himself think".

Or whatever that meant.

So, he took the liberty of appointing himself as her supernatural-power-user teacher. And oh yes, the broody boy did, in fact, have a few tricks up the sleeves of his trench coat for her. Namely, jumping off a cliff... for some reason.

"Remind me why we're doing this again, Tinkerbell?" She questioned with anxious hostility in her voice.

Edward rolled his eyes at her attempt to stall - as well as his new nickname - but answered anyway.

"You're learning how to slow air currents and manipulate the waves so that they don't crush you t-"

"Crush me to death," Jo finished for him, nodding slowly as she kept her eyes glued to the water, "Right,"

Jo breathed deeply, mumbling to herself under her breath.

"Okay, okay... okay! You got this, Jo. You can do this," she encouraged herself.