Worthy

❝ I've been tryna call

I've been tryna call

I've been on my own for long enough

Maybe you can show me how to love, maybe

I'm going through withdrawals

You don't even have to do too much

You can turn me on with just a touch, baby

Killing James was easy. Especially since Jo had the Cullens there helping her. She had no personal vendetta against James, she was simply there to protect a fellow innocent human and so, Jo was okay with being absolutely remorseless.

On the other hand, getting into it with Victoria may have been a bad idea now that she looked back on it from the discomfort of a hospital bed, about two days later. Turns out she really had broken a few bones.

Strangely enough, even though Jo had had no problem killing James, when she'd woken up to the steady beeping of a heart monitor, Jo's dumb ass really thought she was dead. And she hated to admit it but a part of her felt relieved. And then she opened her eyes and, unfortunately, she was still alive.

Jo blinked, the bright hospital lights blinding her. She groaned, suddenly feeling the ache in her body every time she breathed.

"I wouldn't try to move if I were you," a familiar voice piped up from the corner of the room.

Jo's eyes darted towards the voice, catching sight of Grams standing with her arms crossed, looking unimpressed. Sleeping beside her in an uncomfortable plastic chair — in a rather awkward position might I add — was Harper, a line of drool trailing down the side of her face. Damn, she must've been really tired.

"Three broken ribs, a broken leg a collapsed lung and a sever concussion," Grams listed furiously, "You're lucky your powers helped Carlisle and I fix most of that because the damage done was severe. That said, is there anything you have to say for yourself?"

"You should see the other guy?" Jo joked.

Grams face remained stony and for a second, Jo feared that she was really, genuinely mad. But a smile cut through her mask of anger and Grams let out a relieved laugh, moving to sit in the other chair beside Jo's bed.

"Goodness me, I don't know what I'm going to do with you," Grams laughed tiredly.

Jo smiled.