Chicken Noodle Soup

❝ You don't need money, don't take fame

You don't need money, don't take fame

Don't need no credit card to ride this train

It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes

But it might just save your life

That's the power of love

𓆩⛥𓆪

With a frustrated sigh, Maggie Stonewall marched through her house, frantically searching for her keys. She had checked everywhere, pulling out couch cushions, checking in pants and jacket pockets and still found nothing. With a huff that blew the hair out of her face, the woman stood up straighter with her hands on her hips, at a loss of where else to look when a pleasant aroma wafted past her nose.

Was that chicken noodle soup?

Grams followed the smell, leading her to the kitchen where Johara stood over a pot on the stove with music playing quietly in the background and her laptop sat open on the kitchen counter with Harper's face displayed over Skype.

"Hi, Grams," Harper waved with a beaming smile when she took notice of her grandmother's presence.

"Hi, sweetie," Grams greeted, still slightly confused as to why Jo was cooking.

What is she doing? Grams silently mouthed to her granddaughter, pointing to Johara — who didn't usually cook when she was at the Stonewall's unless Harper wanted to do some baking.

Harper shrugged as Johara continued to nonchalantly stir whatever was in the pot with a small absentminded smile on her face, humming to the tune coming from the radio.

Just accepting the scene before her, Grams continued to search for her keys in the kitchen.

"Johara, honey, have you seen my—?"

"No, I haven't. Taste this."

The girl swiftly scooped out some of the smooth, warm liquid in the pot and stuck it in Grams's mouth that was still partially open from when she was talking.

Grams stepped back in surprise, pulling the spoon out of her mouth.

"Mm— Jo! What..." the woman stopped and swallowed the soup, pondering over the taste on her tongue, "Needs just a pinch more salt."

"Told you," Harper chimed in.

"More salt," Jo nodded, immediately turning back to the soup and sprinkling some more salt in.

Grams tried the soup again and nodded, her lost keys forgotten about.

"Better," she said with an ay-okay hand gesture.