Gone

❝ Laying in the silence

Laying in the silence

Waiting for the sirens

Signs, any signs

I'm alive still

Just before sunrise the next morning, before the morning fog had even settled on the grassy lawns or mossy forest floor of Forks, Washington, Grams and Jo were bidding the local coven of vampires farewell. Sat on a ridiculously large suitcase outside the Cullens' house with her arms crossed and a childlike pout on her lips, Jo silently protested against the family's decision to leave. Just beside her on the steps, Emmett sat similarly to the girl, looking like an extremely overgrown baby that was on the verge of throwing a tantrum. He, too, was clearly not too happy about the family's sudden relocation.

"So you guys are really leaving, huh?" Grams asked as she stood beside Carlisle while he loaded one of the cars, "And so soon, too."

"I'm afraid so," Carlisle nodded.

"We'll miss you terribly, Maggie," Esme said, zooming out of the house to embrace Grams as she spoke, "I'm sorry we didn't get more time... this time 'round."

Grams chuckled and patted Esme on the arm as they pulled away.

"Well then we'll just have to make up for it the next time 'round... I'll give it a couple years max," Grams reassured her.

The whole scene made Jo feel sick to her stomach. She didn't like this idea one bit and if Edward would've just shut his big mouth and listened to her, then Jo wouldn't be sitting there feeling as if she was being abandoned all over again, just as she had when Harper left.

"Now, now, quit pouting you two," Alice chided as she skipped past Jo and Emmett.

"You can still talk to each other on the phone all the time. Or even Skype," Jasper encouraged, trying to lift their spirits as he could feel their discomfort and frustration.

But the overgrown angry toddlers were having none of it.

"It's not the same," Jo grumbled, "Who am I supposed to do stupid stuff with now?"

"Yeah," Emmett agreed, equally as resistant to the change.

"You could always just not do stupid stuff," Rosalie suggested as she moved to stand with the others.

"Oh, come on, be realistic, babe!" Emmett retorted, making Rose roll her eyes at her mate's childish behaviour.

"Well, realistic or not, we're leaving in a few minutes," Alice stated.

Emmett and Jo stood up with a reluctant sigh and turned towards each other.

"Promise you'll still send me vine compilations?" Emmett asked her hopefully, deliberately exaggerating his facade of sadness.