Spite, Fury & Supernatural Dyslexia

❝ 'Cause this is torturous

Electricity between both of us

And this is dangerous

'Cause I want you so much

But I hate your guts, I hate you

𓆩⛥𓆪

While night had long since fallen over the reservation, inviting a chilly midnight mist to flood the forest's empty clearings and curl around its gnarled low-hanging tree branches, Johara Black lay wide awake in her bed.

"Jo, please, don't do this"

"Sweetie, you can't just go after her"

"Don't do anything stupid"

The words of worry echoed in her ears, each plea belonging to someone she held so near and dear to her. Harper, Grams, Bella... hell, even Edward made an appearance.

"It's too dangerous, Jojo"

"Haven't we already lost enough?"

Each voice felt like sandpaper scraping across her brain, making her toss and turn in discomfort until...

"Uh-uh-uhhhh," Victoria disagreed in a sing-song voice, "I don't think so..."

Her eyes flew open, her heart jumping into her throat as the memory of Victoria's hypnotic voice infiltrated her mind. It was what Victoria had said the day that Jo had first run into her in the forest, the day Victoria almost killed her.

Jo had believed Victoria's words to be nothing but an empty threat at the time but now they, along with the pain and terror of waking up in the middle of nowhere on the verge of death, haunted Jo. Her voice so casually harmonious, her scent so sickly sweet and enticing and her eyes as red as her flaming locks of hair and as blood-thirsty as ever... everything about that woman taunted Jo.

For Victoria, that day had been like any other. There was nothing special or particularly memorable about Johara, she had been just another poor soul that had the misfortune of crossing Victoria's path. Whenever Jo remembered, whenever the memory of that day that Victoria had basically torn Jo apart even so much as peaked through the tightly shut curtains she'd pushed it behind, Johara would once again feel as pathetically weak and vulnerable as she had that day. It didn't matter how strong she'd become or what incredible powers she possessed, she was still just a clueless little deer standing at the wide open mouth of a lion, about to be shredded to pieces.