Truce

❝ Wise men say

Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help

Falling in love with you

𓆩⛥𓆪

At the start of the weekend, Jacob and Johara had decided to call a truce.

Bella and Jo pulled up into the Black's driveway that Friday after school, alerting Jacob to Bella's presence.

The boy came rushing out of his garage to greet the Swan girl with the biggest smile that Jo had ever seen on him — honestly she found it quite sad how pathetically infatuated her brother was with Bella but, these days, who was she to judge.

"Bella!" Jacob greeted excitedly, snatching Bella up into a big bear hug and lifting her off the ground, "Where the hell have you been, loca?"

Jo bit back a laugh as Jacob set Bella back on the ground, her cheeks puffing up with air. Loca? Really? Who the hell says that?

Jacob flipped his twin the bird behind Bella's back as the girl spoke.

Jo wheezed, doubling over and clutching her belly with silent laughter.

"I don't know if Jo told you but I brought you guys something. It's gonna seem a little crazy," Bella informed, turning to the back of her truck.

"Ah, crazy. Jo's specialty," Jacob mocked.

Jo narrowed her eyes and cocked her head to the side.

"That's a nice wig there, Jake. What's it made of? Authentic rat hair?" She shot back.

"Actually your armpit hair but I'm glad you noticed the similarity," he returned with ease as the twins stepped forward, getting up in each other's faces.

Bella cleared her throat, grabbing their attention as she pulled the tarp off the bikes.

Jo winced. Somehow they looked way worse than the first time she'd seen them. With their shoddy frames and crusty old engines, the set of bikes laying in the back of Bella's truck were a graveyard of rusted dreams, each one a creaking testament to neglect and abandonment.

It was a good thing that Jo had tons of experience with neglect and abandonment.

"Wow. Scrap metal," Jacob marvelled sarcastically, "You shouldn't have."

Bella, knowing that the girl got annoyed when people pointed out the similarities between her and her brother, gave Jo a look, recalling that she'd said something along those lines when she first saw the bikes.

Jo rolled her eyes and huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. This proves nothing.

"I saved them from the junkyard," Bella explained, "I know they'll probably cost more to fix than they're worth... and it's gonna take a lot of manpower but... then I thought... if I had a couple of mechanic type friends to help me..."