Lineage

❝ It's a new dawn

It's a new dawn

It's a new day

It's a new life

For me

And I'm feeling good

"Are you ready? 'Cause once we start, there is no stopping," Alice warned.

Jo nodded, kicking her socks and shoes off as she tightened the blindfold covering her eyes.

"Are you sure?" Edward asked, "This isn't like—"

"Oh, can it, Tinkerbell, you know I'll be fine," Jo reassured.

"It's not you I'm worried about," he grumbled, stomping off probably to brood in a corner of the large field they stood in.

"Alrighty then," Grams clapped from across the large clearing that had previously been used for vampire baseball games, "Let's begin."

Starting at the opposite end of the field to Grams, Jo blindly ran forward with the objective of getting to the old woman alive. To do so, she would have to use every metaphorical arrow in her metaphorical quiver to avoid being killed by the "teenage" Cullens, a feat that few have managed to pull off in history.

The first obstacle she was met with was to overcome the brute strength of Emmett and the cool intellect of Rosalie. The point was to learn how to sense the enemy's presence and anticipate their next move without being able to see them, something Jo had been struggling with as of late.

"Focus, Johara!" Grams' voice echoed across the field, clearing Jo's foggy mind.

Taking the task on Avatar-style, Jo slowed down, using her bare feet to sense the slight tremors in the ground that grew more and more profound as two figures ran straight at her from either side. The tremors on the left were far more intense and more spread out as opposed to the ones on the right.

Emmett on the left, Rosalie on the right, she concluded.

Jo stopped, lifted her foot and stomped hard. As her foot collided with the Earth, Jo stuck her hands out and brought them up in a pulling motion, causing the dirt below her to stir and quake. And suddenly, two massive slabs of solid rock flew out of the ground in front of Rosalie and Emmett. Swiftly, Jo turned her hands so her palms were facing away from her, brought them closer to her body and pushed them outwards. Following the motions of her arms, the slabs of rock flew away from each other towards the tree line on opposite sides of the clearing. Rosalie and Emmett smashed into the trees where vines immediately slithered from the tree tops and wrapped around them completely, locking the vampires in place on the tree trunks so they were unable to move.