Facing the Ms

Whose a genius? Miu Iruma is, duh doy!

Because she finally perfected one of the inventions that could help her take down one of the Four.

It took some time but Miu finally did it after a few other inventions. Since she could make those inventions in her sleep, it took no time at all.

It was the modifications that proved tricky but being the genius she was, it didn't even need loads of time compared to other less genius inventors.

Now, she could get to one of the Four after the distractions of Himiko and Kiibo, one unwelcome and another welcome. Because, damn, Kiibo would definitely be a good family man. The pancakes were so fluffy and delicious.

So determinedly, Miu thought as she mentally prepared herself, 'Now or never. You can do this.'

She can't believe she was doing this, but she had to sacrifice a few things for the long game. So here goes nothing.

"Monokubs!" Miu called out, cringing as she said those words aloud. To her and the rest of the students, they were a nuisance, at best and at worst. No two ways about it. Even the word felt wrong in her tongue and she still can't believe she was doing this.

But it was too late to take it back, as they really appeared out of nowhere, once again. The last two, Monotaro and Monophanie as they did their little shtick and then got down to business.

"Did you call for us?" Monophanie asked.

"Yeah, what do you want from us? Shouldn't you just call Daddy?" Monotaro asked.

Miu had her excuse ready and immediately put it out without any hesitation.

"All I want is just to check up on you. Is that wrong?" Miu asked.

"And why would you want to do that?" Monophanie asked, staring at Miu shrewdly.

"Yeah, why?" Monotaro piped up, copying Monophanie's stare toward Miu.

Miu had to think fast and flashbacked to a moment which gave her the smartass idea to blurt out:

"Because Mommy cares about your well-being, that's all."

Yeah, Miu will have to admit that by far, this was a very stupid excuse that she can't even. But at the same time, it was the only connection she had with the Monokubs, granted with only Monotaro.

It was not that she can outright destroy them despite their being no rules about it, but whose to say that if she destroyed them, Monokuma wouldn't use this as an excuse to retaliate against Miu and punish her?

Because even if Monokuma couldn't use the Exisals, whose to say he can't punish her any other way to death for destroying the Monokubs?

After all, that bear pulled executions out of damn nowhere. No way was she risking anything, especially when she already had a noose around her neck. Damn being targeted for her genius!

So connecting to the Monokubs, that was the safest bet Miu could take. And being a Mommy might appeal to them more than anything, who knows? With Monokuma's attitude towards them and the Monokubs attitude, this could be a cinch.

"But you are not our Mommy," Monophanie said crossly.

Or not.

"Yeah, you are not- wait, are you?" Monotaro asked, his forgetfulness suddenly rearing it's head as he looked questioningly at Miu, trying to figure something.

Monophanie hit Monotaro in the head, saying, "She is not your Mommy. We only have a Daddy and his name is Monokuma!"

"Wait, we have a Daddy?" Monotaro asked and Monophanie sighed in distress as if unable to keep up with this stupidity.