Operation: Underway

"... And if you want to detonate the bomb, all you have to do is pull this pin, OK? So unless you want us to die, don't pull that pin," Maki was saying to Miu as she handed the bomb to her for examination.

Miu took it, as she huffed and said, "I ain't gonna blow us sky high like that, Bakakawa. I still have so many things to do for that to even happen."

It had been about an hour since the kabedon and thanks to Maki's explanations, Miu found herself knowing a lot more about weapons that left her optimistic even when she had to rely on the assassin. 

"What were you doing here in the first place, Harukawa?" Miu asked, making conversation after finishing her examination of the bomb and carefully placed the weapon into the sack that Maki provided Miu when she asked whether she could bring back some weapons for the upgrade. 

Luckily, Maki complied easily. Maybe it was the fact that it was Kaito's commission idea, that Maki could easily hand over her weapons without a fuss because she really believed in that idiot. Well, that's good for Miu so who was she to complain?

"I checked my Lab periodically to make sure none of my weapons were stolen. After all, without any locks on the Lab, people can easily come here and steal any weapon here," Maki said, glancing briefly at Miu before continuing, "If they were stolen, I would inform the others and we can prevent any murder in our hands."

"Funny how an assassin cares to prevent murder," Miu muttered under her breath.

"What was that?" Maki asked, her voice so cold that the chill was crawling down Miu's spine again.

"Nothing," Miu yelped, "Nothing at all."

Damn, would she never get use to Maki's cold stare and voice that only chilled her to the very bone and gave her dread. Honestly, Miu could never get along with someone like that. Their interactions before were only because of mutual benefit of weapons and Kaito. The less she involved herself with the assassin, the better, but as of now...

"Hey, can you accompany me to my Lab, Harukawa?" Miu asked, as she heaved the sack over filled with guns and bombs. She felt that it would be too suspicious for her carrying a sack of weapons alone. Actually, it would be too suspicious for anyone to any group carrying a sack of weapons, but she felt that if Maki was there, owner of said weapons and trusted by Kaito and Shuichi, people would back off some about this.

Maki had about the same idea, at least, so after a while, she nodded and they left the Lab side by side.

As they went on in silence, neither having anything to say another with their different personalities and their mutual benefit ending the moment Miu decided she was already done with her weapon haul, they passed by no one else and made it to the Ultimate Inventor's Lab without a hitch.

As Miu carefully placed each weapon from the sack on her invention table, from the different series of guns to the bombs, Maki still lingered around and Miu didn't notice until she looked up and saw the assassin still standing there.

"What are you still doing here, Harukawa?" Miu asked, "There ain't anything here for you."

"Are you sure you don't need anymore help?" Maki finally asked, "If you have any problems down the line, it would be a hassle to find and call me here if I leave now, you know?"

"I think I'm gonna be fine," Miu asserted. And that was the truth. Thanks to the weaponry knowledge that Maki imparted on Miu, she felt that she had a good grasp about how to work around with the weapons she had now. In fact, she didn't want Maki here, pretty sure that she would be a hindrance instead.

After all, the less time Miu spent with Maki, the less chances Maki would find out that she was doing Kaito's commission was actually a lie, and dig into a truth Miu wanted no one except those in the know to know. And she didn't trust Maki with the truth, of course, nor did she trust anyone with it except for the KGB who helped her find it.