The Masquerade

A/N: I personally give up on this increasing word count. One day it won't be THIS MUCH but trust me, it's all part of keikaku (even though the scenes are way too different than what I would imagine them to be although I hope you enjoy them nonetheless) and FREAK IT, it's been three dang years. I'm allowed to have liberty and trust myself more and believe I've improved as a writer... (trying to encourage myself). So let's go~

Maki was in the toilet, managing to lose the gang before they were any of the wiser. After this, she either go back to them and try to make up an excuse or find Miu and Kaito to go ahead with that. But before that, she needed to do it now... quickly and efficiently, before it got any worse. It was only lucky she got away before it could get exposed.

It was also getting uncomfortable so it was a good time as any. In one of the toilet cubicles, away from any of the other girls' eyes if they choose to enter the toilet at an inopportune time, she reached underneath her shirt until she could feel it.

What came out clutched to her hand was Kiibo's ahoge, a piece of unassuming metal that seemed ordinary in her eyes.

'This was the thing that led Kiibo on a rampage and caused all that property damage...?' Maki thought, 'If Ouma wasn't lying about that.'

She still couldn't believe the letter she read nor what that gremlin got all of them into judging by both the contents of the letter and last night's unseen events. It still angered her to no end they might find themselves all roped into some diabolical scheme that could kill them all no matter how Kokichi worded it.

And yet, she found herself somewhat complying with Kokichi's orders in her own way, such as going to the warehouse and finding something similar looking to the robot's ahoge so she could swipe his ahoge instead of truly destroying it before heading to the library and putting up that whole interrogation about Kiibo's inner voice to ascertain what it truly meant to all of them, because she was not so stubborn to disregard the lives on line when inaction can prove itself to be deadly and detrimental for their survival. It was the type of action that would have split into two paths, of salvation and destruction.

She grimaced when she remembered how she had to exit quickly the moment Gonta gave a second look at her, especially to the chest area not for ungentlemanly reasons because Atua forbid that Gonta became something other than a gentleman. She had to make such a complicated swap the moment she interrogated Kiibo and use his weight when pushing him to the ground to make everyone believe  they destroyed the ahoge by accident when Maki had quickly stuffed it in her chest. Unfortunately, she had fumbled a bit and done a sloppy job of it that it was put too loosely and moved about with every little shake of her body that it was almost exposed.

She sighed, knowing there was nothing she can do about it that led to her abrupt exit. Even now, she was unsure what her choice would entail but she moved based on the facts in hand and with a reminder of what lines that shouldn't be crossed. Eventually, Maki pocketed the ahoge into one of the pockets where she had kept knives for self-defense and left the bathroom.

Now, she was in Miu's Lab with Miu and Kaito who she had dragged out of Shuichi's Lab to end things once and for all, which she had explained as much on the way to the inventor's Lab.

"Huh, who do you think I am?" Miu laughed the moment they were finally in her Lab, "Of course I can complete something like this in my sleep, let alone needing the 'Do Stuff When Sleep' mask!"

"So it means that you have already completed them?" Kaito laughed, "What are we waiting for? Let's call the others and use them to bust our way outta here before the bear pulls anymore tricks on us!"