Chapter 7

~ Chat Noir/Adrien's POV ~

"I'm going to visit Mari tonight," I finally decide.

Plagg mockingly gasps. "Pigtails? Have you finally found a new love interest?"

"Marinette?" I scrunch my eyebrows together. "Plagg, you know that Marinettes just a friend."

Plagg mutters something incoherent. Probably an insult. I look over at my clock. 10:21.

"I'm just gonna make sure she's sleeping. She looked like she hasn't rested in a while... If she isn't asleep and doing homework then I'll probably just help her." Plagg rolls his eyes. I honestly don't know why I bother explaining myself to him anymore.

"Plagg, claws out!"

*****************

Standing atop her roof, I find that Marinette is still awake. Softly, I knock on the window. A sigh, "The windows open, Chat." A smirk plays along my lips, "Princess you know that keeping your window open isn't safe." I'm in her room now. The familiar scent of vanilla and baked goods fill my nostrils. "For all you know I could be a thei-"

Fear, dread, concern - and all those feelings run through me as I notice Marinette cradling her hand against a bloody shirt, annoyance written across her delicate features. "What happened?" I run to her side and carefully pick her up in a brides hold. Her eyes go wide but she doesn't protest. "Nothing."

I look at her, not an ounce of humor on my face. Soundlessly walking into the bathroom, I place her on the toilet seat. Noticing the first aid kit, I pick it up, and examine its contents. "What happened?" I repeat.

When I was homeschooled, I was taught how to act in situations like this one.
1. Wash your hands. (To help avoid infection)
2. Stop the bleeding.
3. Clean the wound. Rinse the wound with water.
4. Apply an antibiotic or petroleum jelly.
5. Cover the wound.

At the time I didn't really understand why I would need this. I mean, my dad never really let me go out. Let alone, on my own. But now, I'm grateful. As Marinette tells me how she earned her injury and insists that it is "nothing" I follow the steps. She actually takes it really well when I clean the wound and add an antibiotic. Her cheeks flush as she grips my arm tightly. I would think it was cute if we weren't in this situation. Who am I kidding, I do thi- wait what? Snap out of it.

"What were you sewing this late at night anyway? Shouldn't you be getting some sleep?"

She seems to consider this for a moment before answering. "Actually, my friend told another that I would make the costumes for their band. But she forgot to tell me this information and this morning I was finally informed." She takes in a large breath, "The gig is in two days and now I have to add a huge project to my already very long list of things that need to get done in a short amount of time." She looks up to meet my eyes. It seems like she's embarrassed. I don't know why.

"I think it's really awesome of you to be so considerate of others." She looks down. "But Marinette," I tilt her head upwards to face mine again. "Once in a while, you need to do what's best for you." Her face goes red. I now notice a tear rolling down her cheek. She quickly wipes it away.

"I'm fine. Really." Standing up, she wraps her arms around my waist. Her hair smells like coconuts. "Thank you." Then she's walking away. She takes the warm feeling in my chest with her. After cleaning her bathroom up I go to stand in the middle of her room. "How can I help?"

"By leaving." She shoots me a pointed look. "You need sleep. Go, and thank you." I do no such thing. Stubbornness has always been a quality of mine. "I can help you stitch that," I say. Pointing to the unfinished shirt lying across her desk.

She huffs, "Does the Almighty Chat Noir know how to sew?"

I give her my classic Cheshire Cat-like grin. "The almighty Chat Noir has many hidden talents." That sweet Marinette smile finally makes an appearance. She playfully rolls her eyes, "fine, you can come help. But when we finish you need to go back home." I plop in the mini couch and begin to work. My dad taught me how to do this when I was young. I never enjoyed it so he decided to put me in modeling. I'm not nearly as good as Marinette but I like to think my sewing skills can pass as efficient.

"I'll be right back."

I nod, finishing off the last of the stitches. A few minutes go by and finally Marinette opens the trapdoor. "Here, as an extra thank you." She hands me a brown bag. I look in to find treat-mania.

"Wow! You really aren't kitten around. These macaroons look paw-sitively a-mew-zing!"

She groans, obviously stifling a laugh.

Once again, Marinette never seizes to surprise me, "Seriously Chat Noir?! Your puns are Claw-ful. However, mine are purrfect." She smirks. "Now please, fur-get that I ever made a cat pun and go home!"

With one final playful push with her un-bandaged hand, I'm standing on her balcony. "Puh-lease, we both now that my puns are furry claw-ver." I lean in, "Please though, remember what I said earlier. Also don't forget to change those bandages in the morning."

"I will, goodnight you silly cat."

"G'night Princess."