Fifteen

Mia knew how everything was a mess. She knew that Maxine knew there was something going on with her and Patrick and she didn't know how to face it all.

Mia sat in her flat and looked at her phone. She rolled her eyes as she saw Patrick was calling her. She declined the call. He was the last person that she wanted to talk to. And she knew it was a big mess.

Mia knew she was pregnant with his baby. And she knew Patrick had managed to lie his way out of it with Maxine again. And she didn't know how much longer she could it do for. Mia was sick of being his dirty little secret. And she knew she couldn't do it anymore.

Mia looked to her phone and sighed as she saw all of the missed calls and ignored them. She knew she had to focus on herself and the baby. She couldn't put herself in that position anymore.

She laid back on her bed and sighed as she put a hand on her stomach. Mia knew she was trying to think of the baby that she was having and be positive. But she knew it was going to be harder than she thought it would be. And she didn't know if she could go through it alone.

****

Mia walked through the village and frowned to herself as she saw Aimee. Aimee was her best friend and she knew had been away since Warren Fox went to jail.

Mia knew how much Aimee was in love with him. And how it destroyed her.

Mia walked over to where Aimee was and smiled. "Hey stranger," Mia said.

Aimee looked to her and grinned as she hugged her. "Hey," she said.

"What are you doing here?"

"My mum got a promotion. So we all moved here," Aimee told her.

Mia smiled and nodded. "Are you sure that you want to do that? After everything that happened?" Mia asked.

Aimee looked to her and smiled. "You can say his name. Since Warren. I mean, it's going to be hard. A lot of things remind me of him. But he's still inside. And I'm fine. I have to try and move on," she told her.

Mia nodded and smiled. "I'm glad you're here. I missed you so much," Mia said as she linked arms with Aimee as they walked through the village.

Aimee grinned. "I missed you too," she said.

The two girls walked through the village. Mia knew it hadn't been the same since Aimee left. And she was glad she was back.

****

Mia walked out of price slice and sighed as she saw Patrick. Patrick groaned. "I think we need to talk," he said.

"I don't. Look. You found have told Maxine the truth. But you didn't so that's how it is," Mia said as she went to walk off.

"I'm sorry. I messed up. And I admit it. But there's something you should know.  And I didn't mean for it. It just happened," Patrick said.

Mia turned to him and frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"I slept with Belle."