You changed

"Back there" she points to a wood hut "are the other supplies you need. The maximum of people are three. Well...pick you partners and get your supplies" one of the supervisors says to all of us.

We're going kayaking today. I've never done it before but it sounds fun so I'm excited.

The problem is tho that we are four in our friend group so one of us has to be with strangers.

"How are we gonna do this?" Paul asks us. "I don't know let's see if there's another group who has the same problem" Justin shrugs.

Justin and Paul are searching for people and me and Tyler are getting the supplies because we need them anyways no matter with who we are.

After me and Tyler finished collecting all the supplies we head back to Justin and Paul who are now speaking to...CALEB....noooo.

I grab Tyler's arm and look at him. He stops in his tracks and looks at me confused. "Justin and Paul are talking to a friend of Theo" I say with wide eyes.

He just chuckles and goes further in their direction. "Tyler stop. When he comes too it'll be so awkward" I say pleading. "It won't, don't worry" he grabs my arm and pulls me further in their direction.

When we arrive I just stand quiet next to Tyler and don't say anything. It's not unusual for me to act like this. I'm introverted and definitely not good at socializing with new people. I'm only the opposite when I'm comfortable with someone or if I know them for some time.

"Caleb, this is Lia. Lia this is Caleb" Justin introduces me. I just smile at him and look away again. He probably doesn't even know me but it's awkward anyways.

They talk for a bit until Liam and Jacob approach us. They join the conversation and I wonder where Theo is. I look around but don't see him. I don't mind him not being here but I'm still confused.

Can they please stop talking and hurry up I want to go kayaking and I don't feel good here.

"Oh Lia we forgot one supply, could you get it?" Tyler first looks at my hands and then at me. He probably noticed that I was feeling uncomfortable and that's why he asked me this.

I make myself to the wood hut again and search for the missing supply because we actually did forgot something.

When I find the supply I stretch myself so hard it's hurt because it's that far up the shelf. I'm definitely not small, like 5'4 but I am definitely too small to grab the supply.

I'm about to give up and get on my normal height again when I see a hand coming from behind me and reaching for the supply. I didn't hear anyone coming in.

"Thank y-" I turn around and see the person who grabbed the supply. I wide my eyes and stop speaking. Shit is he tall. What is he doing here.

"Thank you" I clear my throat and look away. He hands me the supply, I grab it and make myself to the outside again without looking at him.

"We have to get into one kayak" he says stopping me from walking further. Damn his voice is deep. "What?" I turn around confused. "I came too late so the others already paired up and I was told that I have to get with you" he explains. What the fuck? The boys wouldn't do that to me.

"We have to hurry because they want to leave now" he says and goes out of the hut. I look at him in shock but follow him.

~

The silence is killing me. Nobody was left over so Theo and I were the only ones in our kayak. We didn't talk one word in two hours of kayaking.

"We have to make a break" he finally speaks up. We were told to make a break after two hours so we stop kayaking and get our lunch out.

He turns around so he is facing me and we both begin to eat.

"You changed" he speaks up again. What is that suppose to mean. "I did?" I don't look up from my sandwich. "Yeah"
"I kinda lost weight...and we didn't saw each other for four years so I guess it's normal that I changed" I explain. Why did I say so much oh my god.

"You lost weight?" He stares at me. "Not much but yes" I look at him for the first time. We just look at each other without saying anything until I break eye contact and eat my sandwich again.

Why do I have to be so awkward. No! I was not the one who was awkward, he was.

For the rest of the kayaking he didn't say anything else and neither did I so we where in silence again. Great start.

He's so different from the last time I saw or spoke with him. Back then he was more talkative and always smiled, now he is more calm. And about his looks...he got much taller which is kinda weird because back then I was taller than him. He has a deep voice now, he got more muscular and his style got better.
He still has his fluffy brown hair tho.

~

It is 6pm as we finally arrive at the camp again. I make myself to my tent and begin to change myself into sweatpants and a crop top.

Not long after I'm ready, the boys come back too. "We are so sorry that we left you alone. The supervisors told us to hurry so we had no choice and since you were still in the hut we couldn't wait for you" Tyler explains apologetically.

"It's okay. I had fun with Theo" I say sarcastically. Their eyes widen. "You were with Theo?" Justin asks shocked. I nod and they look even more sorry. "We're truly sorry" Paul says. "Nothing happened, so it's okay" I smile at them.

~~~

Yayy first conversation between the two!! Kinda weird but still a conversation, right?