Aberforth, Hogwarts, Ravenclaw's Diadem and the Kiss

"In here, Potter." The silhouette said. Y/N, Harry, Ron and Hermione slip quickly past the man and inside. He gestures toward a rickety wooden staircase, brings a finger to his lips "Shhhh."

Harry and Y/n enter a room with a threadbare carpet and a small fireplace, above which hangs a large oil painting of a blonde girl with a sweet, but vacant stare. He steps to a grimy window and peers down to the street, where half a dozen death eaters glance about in confusion. Just then, Hermione and Ron enter the room.

"Did you get a look at him! For a second I thought it was –" Ron whispered

"I know." Hermione said mildly shaking

Hearing this, Harry slips the mirror from his pocket footsteps sound from below.

"Harry! I can see you! In here!" Hermione said. Harry turns, watches Hermione take a jagged shard similar to his own from the mantel. He glances down at the piece

in his palm, sees Hermione's eye looking out at him. Just then, Aberforth's hulking form appears on the landing.

"You bloody fools! What were you thinking coming here? Do you have any idea how dangerous it is –" an old man said

"You're Aberforth." Harry said. The room goes quiet. The man turns, eyes Harry.

"Dumbledore's brother. It's you I've been seeing -- here. It's you who sent Dobby."

Harry holds up his shard. Aberforth eyes it briefly.

"Where've you left him?" Aberforth asked

"He's dead." Y/n answered coldly

"Sorry to hear it. I liked that elf." Dumbledore said

"How'd you come by it?" Harry nods to the shard in Hermione's hand.

"Mundungus Fletcher, 'bout a year ago." Answered Aberforth

"Dung had no right selling you that. It belonged to –" Harry was cut off by Dumbledore

"Sirius. Albus told me. He also told me that you'd likely be hacked off if you ever found out I had it. But ask yourself where you'd be if I didn't." Harry doesn't respond.

"Right then. Reckon you're hungry. Let's get you fed, then think of the best way to get you out of here."

A tray of food is set down on the table. Y/n, Ron and Hermione set to, they haven't eaten for days. Aberforth pours himself a glass of mead. Not his first.

"Do you hear much from the others? From the Order?" Y/n asked

"The Order is finished. You-Know- Who's won. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. The quartet exchange glances. Harry doesn't touch the food, just stares quietly at Aberforth.

"We need to get into Hogwarts.Dumbledore gave us a job to do." Harry said out of the blue

"Did he now? Nice job? Easy?" An awkward silence, the tension heavy.

"We've been hunting Horcruxes. We think the last one's in the school. But we'll need your help getting in." Y/n pleaded, "If we can find it and kill it, then we kill him, and then we can end this war once and for all. We need to get into Hogwarts tonight." Aberforth stares at the girl for a moment, until the silence grows.

"It's not a job my brother's given you, it's a suicide mission. Do yourself a favor boy. Go home. Live a little longer. " Aberforth said

"Dumbledore trusted me, to see this through." Harry said

"What makes you think you can trust him! What makes you think you can believe anything my brother told you! In all the time you knew him, did he ever mention my name? Did he ever mention hers?" Aberforth gestures to the painting of the girl.