Arranged To Be Loved

6 years later

Finding out you were pregnant was an event. Tests littered the bathroom and you had test results from St Mungo's and muggle doctors that both confirmed that yes, you were pregnant, almost twelve weeks along with a healthy little baby.

You remember running a finger over the sonogram, staring in disbelief at the little dot in the photo. There weren't any major signs; some sickness and nausea but nothing to the extent where you though pregnancy. Draco, as oblivious, didn't even think of pregnancy – putting everything down to a stomach bug.

Telling Draco – that was something:

"Draco, honey?"

"Yes, love?" He answers, looking up from his seat on the couch, placing a bookmark in the book he had been reading.

"There isn't an easier way to say this, I'm just gonna spit it out."

"What? What's wrong?" Draco asks, concern taking over his features.

"Nothing's wrong!" You quickly answer, calming him down.

"What is it?" He presses.

"Draco, I'm pregnant."

His eyes widen; falling to your stomach as if he could see the baby.

"You're pregnant?" He asks, breathless as if the news had winded him. You supposed it had; it had certainly winded you.

"Yes."

"With my child?"

"Yes, with your child. Do you want to see them?"

"You have a picture?"

You nod, reaching for the sonogram you kept in your back pocket, "I went to the muggle doctors, they did a sonogram to tell me how far along I was. I'm almost twelve weeks."

Draco takes the picture from your hands; his hands shaking as he takes in the sight of the baby. "That's our child," He whispers, holding out an arm for you.

You sniffle as you walk into his embrace; his arm wrapping tight around your waist. He buries his face in your hair; hiding the tears that have started to line his eyes, "Can you point them out? I can't find them."

"They're here," You direct, pointing to the little dot on the sonogram, "That's our baby."

Draco turns to you in wonder, a finger running over the sonogram, repeating, "That's our baby."

~~~~

10 months later....

Draco was going to cry. You were this close to crying. Scorpius was already crying and there lies the issue. It was three in the morning, both you and your husband had to be up in three hours, and no one was getting any kind of sleep. Though, the screaming and crying should have been expected of a baby who was only a few months old.

Sitting in the rocking chair in the nursery, both of you tried in vain to calm your child. His little face was red and he was crying nonstop. Anything you did just seemed to have no effect on him. Draco laid a hand on your shoulder, offering to take Scorpius from you for a while. Handing the baby to him, you got out of the rocker and ran your fingers through your hair. You could feel the tears building in your eyes. You just wanted him to shut up.

"Come on, Scorp, aren't you even a little sleepy?" You muttered.

"WAHHHHHHHHH!!" No. He was not.

"Why don't you go lay down for a while, love," Draco said, nudging you towards the bedroom.

"It's not like I'm gonna get any sleep anyway," You sighed.