Heartache, Cuddles and Teddy Lupin

Hermione and Ron had retreated to the Great Hall to meet the others which left Y/n and Harry alone.

"Now you must enjoy a long holiday!" said Y/n cheerily to Harry.

"I intend to." Something in his resolute tone made Y/n look up quickly to find him looking down at her with an expression that assured her that dreaded moment had come and made her put out her hand with an imploring, "No, Harry. Please don't.!"

"I will and you must hear me out. It's no use Y/n/n, we've got to have it out, and the sooner the better for both of us," he answered, getting flushed and excited all at once.

"Say what you like then, I'll listen," said Y/n with desperate sort of patience.

"I've loved you ever since I've known you, Y/n, I couldn't help I've, you've been so good to me. I've tried to show it, but you wouldn't let me. Now I'm going to make you hear, and give me an answer, for I can't wait any longer."

"I wanted to save you this. I thought you'd understand..." began Y/n, finding it a great deal harder than expected.

"I know you did, but the girls are so queer you never know what they mean. They say no when they mean yes and drive a mad man out of his wits just for the fun of it." Returned Harry, entrenching himself behind an undeniable fact.

"I don't. I never wanted to make you care for me so, and I went away to keep you from it if I could."

"I thought so. It was like you, but it was no use. I only loved you all more, and I gave up galleons and everything you didn't like, and waited and never complained, for I hoped that you'd love me, though I'm not half good enough..." here was the choke that couldn't be controlled, so he decapitated while he cleared his throat.

"Harry, I am married and if I weren't. You, you are, you're a great deal too good for me, and I'm so grateful to you, and so proud and fond of you, I don't know why I can't love you the way, you want me to. I've tried in third year, but I can't change the feeling, and it would a lie to say I don't when I don't ", after a pause Y/n started, " I want to tell you something, Harry."

He started as if he had been crucio-ed and cried in a fierce tone, "Don't tell me that, Y/n, I can't bear it now!"

"Tell what?" now Y/n had let the tears flow.

"That you love that bloody git!" Harry exclaimed.

"Who?" Y/n asked calmly.

"Malfoy! Isn't he the guy every girl wants?! He is rich, caring maybe towards you!"

"Unfortunately, yes, he is the guy, who I love with my whole heart!"

Harry clenched hands and his eyes with a wrathful spark.

"You'll someone else, like a sensible boy! Find a perfect girl for you!" Y/n said desperately to the brunette.

"No! I don't think! I can love anyone else! I'll never-ever get over you! Cause' I love you so damn much to let you go!" Harry shouted now breaking down with a stamp to emphasize his passionate words.

"Harry listen to me! Please..." the girl begged. Harry immediately walked closer to her.

She gently took his hands in hers instantly calming him down. "I don't think we suit each other; we have completely different personalities. I never –" Harry cut her off.

"if you loved me, Y/n, I should be a perfect saint, for you could make me anything you like." Harry said staring into her eyes.

"No, I can't, I've tried and failed, and I won't risk our happiness by such thing. We'll be good friends for all our lives, but we won't go and do anything rash. I'm sorry..." she apologized to the boy. Harry understood and nodded, sniffling. All he wanted was her to be happy. Y/n wiped his tears with her hands and hugged him, the boy didn't hesitate to hug back.