Fragments of the past

Disclaimer: I don't own naruto only Eve.

That's a picture of Eve and I added a video that contains some, if not most of naruto best soundtracks.

Eve POV :

It was a very hot summer day, heat licked at my already hot skin, the ground smoldered and sent up a disorientating haze. IT was one of those days when a neckerchief wasn't such a bad idea – a day when the perspiration would surface on your forehead, your cheeks, the bridge of your nose, and run in rivulets down your face until you became sodden.

Furthermore, it was one of those days where every single bird, leaf, cloud, and town inhabitant would succumb to the scorching heat, unmoving and silent.

It was high noon and the sun beat down with unrestrained brutality, a few withering trees cast patches of pathetic shade onto the baked ground; like hell decided to release its breath on us.

I wiped my head from the sweat that started tickling my forehead when I heard a scream filled with agony, I left the dishes in the sink and ran outside to see what's going on.

Our house is very small and in a very bad shape, it looks like a giant had sat on the roof, for it sagged terribly. The old house seemed to have collapsed inwardly on itself, for all the years it withstood the harsh weather and its careless inhabitants. The windows - what's left of them anyway - have gaping holes, so the wind can rush in and out through and the door hung on its hinges at a jaunty angle, although now it was really just a frame.

Despite being here for less than a year, we loved it - not because of the house of course - but for the solitary and the view. You see we live far away from the town and our house is surrounded by the forest; such a heavenly place.

The heat bounced off the ground, causing an illusion of wavering images, or so I thought.

I stood as still as an oak tree - even the presence of a howling wind can't ruffle its leaf.

Shock shackled me to the ground, I stood unmoving, unblinking - I was shaken to the core. My mother's figure covered in blood. Scars disfiguring her beautiful body and her head lying on the floor limply a few inches away from her. It rolled to touch my feet, wide eyes staring at me; cold and lifeless.

'Her head is detached from her body with scars littering it, while crimson red-coated her torn dress' I thought scared, unable to form a coherent thought. My fingers were jumping rhythmically, as if in spasm...and my legs were shaking uncontrollably.

I dropped down on all four, my gaze never leaving mom's lifeless eyes. I started hyperventilating, my breath coming in short gasps as my eyes took in all that sticky - crimson blood.

No, she can't be dead this is a sick joke!!!!

Who the hell would do such a crazy prank? It has to be a joke, this can't be real!! I can't lose her, not now, not ever!!!

A gasp tore its way from between my lips reminding me of one missing person: my older sister.

Oh, that sneaky girl. I didn't know she is capable of doing such a prank.

But, she was never the prankster, in fact, I can't remember her as a girl full of mischieve. She was always lady-like, never once I saw her act out of character.

It is simply absurd, it can't be her.

Oh God! I prayed, don't let that happen, not now...

The thought of my sister brutally killed and joining my mother on the other side, snapped me out of my shocked state. I failed to swallow, I felt my throat dry and I couldn't talk, my heart almost exploded in fear it was true. It's like the clutches of fear didn't only paralyze me, but It rendered me speechless as well.