𝐢𝐢.

CHAPTER TWO

|IN WHICH BONFIRES REUNITE|

THE BEAUTY OF A NYMPH

ON ISABELLA SWAN'S second day the mysterious boy known as Edward Cullen was missing, slightly infuriating Bella. She didn't know why she felt the way she did, but she wanted to give the Cullen boy a piece of her mind, to stand up for herself for once like her old friends always told her to do.

"Hi, Bella."

The girl jumped from her place in the lunchline. Next to her was the girl who stuck out like neon in a grey monochrome setting.

"Hey, it's Andromeda right?"

She nodded and smiled. "I didn't get a chance to approach you yesterday because everyone was crowding you, but I wanted to say hi and welcome you to the school. Personally, I've been here for about four years now, so being new will be something to get used to."

Bella and the girl grabbed their trays at the same time, walking in the general direction. "If you ever want to talk to me I'm always in the back corner by the window at lunch."

Bella smiled and nodded as she made her way from her and towards her own table where her school bag already sat.

As Andromeda walked away she passed the Cullen's table, a certain pixie-like vampire's eyes following her. "Hey, Allie."

If the girl still had blood pumping through her veins her face would have been red as she squeaked out a small 'hello' in response.

"Does Allie have a crush," Jasper teased, making Emmett laugh.

"I will kill you."

Jasper chuckled and smirked. "I'd like to see you try."

.·:*¨❦¨*:·.

    THROUGH THE TREES stood Andromeda, balanced upon a tree while she stuck her arms out to stabilize herself.

    She had previously found herself staring off at the night sky and full moon, basking in the presence of her home: the universe and stars.

    The ground below her began to rumble, but it did not deter her. She looked up and smiled brightly. She began to run off the large tree branch, jumping off gracefully, getting caught by a large black wolf with rather human-looking eyes.

     Andromeda's short hair whipped in the wind, her fingers dug in the thick set of fur, and her smile bright and bold.

    The wolf carried her through the woods until reaching the tree line where he knelt down, letting the small girl slide off of him.

    She bowed down to the alpha wolf gracefully and watched as he walked away before turning herself to the bonfire on La Push beach.

   The fire burned brightly as the families laughed together.

   "Hello, Billy."

The man in the wheelchair smiled brightly at the girl, beckoning her into a hug.

    "Where have you been, I haven't seen you in ages."

    "Exams and homework have been catching up on me." She smiled apologetically.

    "I don't even see why you do school, you've learned it all."

     Indeed Andromeda had no need to go to school. As of now, she would have redone high school a dozen times. The small girl was more than the Cullens had ever assumed her to be.

     Lining up with Ancient Greek Myths, Andromeda Larkins shared attributes to the mythological creature, nymphs. Beautiful creatures, physical manifestations of nature, that took the form of young and gracefully young women.

    "Now go on," Billy urged her. "The others will want to see you."

.·:*¨❦¨*:·.

    THE REMAINING WEEK for Bella was nothing short of strange. While she started a nice friendship with the girl that was otherwise considered strange, she had curious and frightening encounters alike with Rosalie and Alice.

     Albeit, it wasn't the Cullen she wanted, but something about the family felt off.

     "Hey, Andi?" Bella had decided that for that day she wasn't going to sit with Jessica and instead with Andromeda.  "Aren't the Cullens adopted?"

    The girl looked up from her book with starry eyes. "They are, Bella." Her voice wasn't harsh, but simply soft and sweet.

    "But their eyes are all an ember color."

    Andromeda simply smiled, returning to her book. "Nearly everyone here has brown eyes, doesn't mean that they are related, does it?"

    "I-no. But, that color eyes aren't common like brown eyes are."

    She simply let out a dreamy sigh and nodded. "Don't fiddle in the wrong places. You might not like what you find."

   The bell rang, leaving Bella confused by her vague responses as she walked away towards the Cullen table.

     "Hello again, Allie. How are you this Friday."

     Unlike the last encounter, Alice now had time to mentally prepare herself for the girl's appearance.

      "I'm doing great. And you?"

      "Astronomical."

    She turned to face Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper.

     "You don't mind if I steal her do you?"

   Before Rosalie could tell her to go her own ways Emmett stepped in. "You're free to do what you'd like."

     He flashed a big grin at her, receiving a soft smile in return. When she turned to Alice she stuck out her elbow, offering it to Alice so she could link it with hers.

    "Let go off to class, shall we?"

   Alice smiled as they made their way through the cafeteria, anyone moving out of their way.

     "What is your zodiac sign, Allie?"

    "I believe it would be Aquarius."

    The girl nodded and smiled. "Aquarius' are known to be attached to their freedom and are very big visionaries. A large want to change the world."

    She looked to Alice who was hung to her every word. "I think that fits you perfectly."

     There was a pause before she spoke up again. "Aquarius' are also largely compatible with Leo's."

     "Really?"

   "Of course."

   "What is your zodiac," Alice asks.

   She looked back at Alice and smiled, a glint in her eyes. "I think you already know."

     She tapped Alice's arm twice. "This is your stop."

     Completely starstruck, Alice allowed the girl to bid her farewell as she was left near her classroom door.

━━𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦!

➥does anyone have suggestions for their ship name? i have nothing