𝐢𝐱.

CHAPTER NINE

|IN WHICH BELLA FINDS OUT|

DISCOVERY OF THE COLD ONES

   BELLA SAT IN the car quietly, a sweat building up against her forehead. "I think it's warm enough," she muttered and reached forward to turn down the AC when her hand collided with Edward.

    She quickly moved back, placing her hands back in her lap with a humorless chuckle. "Your hands are freezing considering the fact that I'm practically sweating."

     She keeps her eyes fixed on Edward's hand until the blue and red lights from the corner of her eye caught her attention.

     In the parking lot, she saw Charlie's police cruiser which was unusual given he'd be home at this moment.

     "He's here late," concern laced her voice as she looked through the window. "Something must have happened."

    Edward pulled into the parking lot and they both got out to see a second car. "That's my father's car," Edward muttered. "What is he doing here?"

    They walked up to see both Charlie and Carlise talking together.

    "Carlisle, what's happening?"

    "Waylon Forge was found in the woods near his place. I just examined the body."

    Bella let out a stuttered gasp, her breath clear on the air. Her expression is horrified as Edward's face darkened.

    "How?"

    "Animal attack." There is some sort of silent exchange between Edward and Carlisle that did not fall unnoticed by Bella.

    "Didn't that security cop in Mason die like that too?"

Carlisle looks at the girl wearily. "Yes, I believe so."

   "So it's getting closer to town, right?"

   Edward tried to trail her off of her theory but essentially failed as Bella continued to go on about her thoughts when Carlisle kindly silenced and pressured her.

    "You should go inside, Waylon was your father's friend."

       Bella looked at him for a moment, but nonetheless followed his suggestion and disappeared inside allowing the two to continue to talk.

.·:*¨❦¨*:·.

    BELLA SITS IN in her room, rattled from the events that occurred that night, leaving her a bit paranoid.

    After walking away from her window she shut the curtain then made her way towards the book she had bought that night. She had forgotten about it up until that moment where her mind let her do anything but sleep.

     She flips through the pages filled with Quileute tales and stories, scanning the photos of ancient masks until she stops on a page labeled The Cold Ones.

    Quickly she made her way to her computer and searches up the term. After she searched for a while until she found something that looked believable.

     Several pictures appeared, her eyes flickering all across the page. A few clicks later she finds a page with a few words that caught her attention.

    Speed.

   Strength.

  Cold-Skinned

    Immortal.

One word catches her attention: Blood drinker.

She falls back into the back of her chair with a look of disbelief. "Holy sh-,"

    She trailed off in her words, not sure how to feel at her new discovery. She felt almost proud of herself.

     It made so much sense. All of Edward's strange and unexplainable behavior all clicked together like a perfect puzzle. The more she thought about it, the more it made sense.

    It made her wonder why his eyes were golden and whether or not Andromeda was one, but of course, she shut down the latter theory quickly.

    Her eyes were green and while she was indeed impossibly beautiful, it wasn't the type as associated with the Cullens', the kind that seemed almost too perfect. Her skin was soft and warm, unlike Edwards and even though she had strange behavior, it wasn't the kind that would be explained by the idea of vampirism.

    Her head began to hurt the more she thought about her theory and decided that it was time for her to go to sleep.

     She closed all of the tabs, careful that she didn't leave any open, and shut down her computer.

    From her window stood Edward, knowing that she found out. Some part of him felt relieved and happy that he no longer had to hide from Bella. But he knew of the repercussions he'd face when it was revealed to his family.

    Humans were not supposed to find out about vampires and that was for good reasons. If the Volturi were to find out about Bella's discovery then she would become an immediate target.

   She was too smart for her own good and Edward wasn't quite sure how to deal with her, but all he wanted to do was be with her.

━━𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦!

➥...

➥i rlly don't know, i'm bad at filler chapters