𝐱𝐢𝐢.

CHAPTER TWELVE

|IN WHICH ALICE IS THE ONE|

THE STARS ARE NEVER WRONG

    ESME WAS SAD to Bella go as she handed her the leftover food for her and her father to enjoy over the span of however many days. For a person who has had the inability to eat for , nearly a century, she was an excellent cook.

     It seemed as if the whole family, Rosalie aside, enjoyed Bella's presence. Jasper felt her's and Edward's emotions alike and he liked how much freer Edward felt around her. He truly liked the change he brought to Edward, but he couldn't trust himself to be around the girl without the fear of hurting her, his primal side being let loose.

  Alice, while her premonitions were not permanent, knew and trusted that Jasper would not hurt Bella.

    Her premonitions in theory, were a rather tricky topic of debate. While they proved to be extremely helpful, they seemed to have a mind of her own. Similar to Alice, they seem to take pleasure in the idea of surprise when it came to her own individual future, holding them off until they thought it was helpful.

    This was the reason why her recent interactions with Andromeda came as a shock to her. Andromeda never planned to come forward to her entire family and served no threat. She only largely affected Alice's life, so Alice was left out in the secret that was her future involving the love department.

    But, Alice could not complain about the way that said department took her. She found herself loving the way she felt around Andromeda more and more until she felt like the love would overflow her heart and begin to flood her body. 

    Perhaps it already has.

   While she cannot pump blood through her heart, she felt as if it beat faster around Andromeda.

    When she showed Andromeda her collection of paper creatures her heart felt like it was flooding and overflowing with love. It burst out her chest in a way that Jasper, from the other side of the house, felt warm inside for the first time in a while.

    Esme had seen the way a small smile fell on his lips as he felt his chest, right over his heart. He was truly happy for his best friend.

     There they laid in Alice's bed as she held the girl in her arms as she cast an illusion on the girl's ceiling.

    "Oh Alice," she murmured, breaking the peaceful silence. "The stars were right about you."

    Alice furrowed her eyebrows and turned to the girl. "What do they say about me?"

     "Well," she ran her fingers through Alice's short hair. "They say that I will find a person with who I shall travel to the edge of the universe with. They told me they would be someone beyond my understanding, someone who will make me feel things I've never dared to feel. Most of all, they told me it was you."

    Alice's eyes quickly flitted to Andromeda's.

    "I knew you were the one from the start, Alice. The stars didn't tell me, but I felt it from the moment you took a step into this school."

       Alice looked at her carefully. "Why didn't you ever approach me?"

    "I was never sure," she broke her eyes from her illusion, her eye now their natural green. "It was always a feeling that lingered around like gas that needed a spark. That spark was Bella."

     "Bella," she asked, intrigued in her words.

   Andromeda nodded. "The stars went insane when Bella arrived. They told me my life was about to change and the Cullen family was about to move fast towards their future. I decided I had to catch you before you sped away."

     There was a silence as Alice tried to piece together her next question. "What if you missed me?"

     There was more silence, then Andromeda moved positions in the bed so she was looking directly at Alice. "Fate has a funny way of putting souls together. If I missed you now, I would have met you again. Just in another life."

.·:*¨❦¨*:·.

WHEN BELLA ARRIVED at school with Edward, all eyes were on them.

"A bit dramatic don't you think," Andromeda had whispered to Jasper and Alice when she saw him with his sunglasses on.

Edward had his arm across Bella bringing more attention that she didn't like to herself. It was bad enough that she was new.

"Stuck in the mentality of a 17-year-old," Rosalie noted, her tone dry as she watched Edward make his way into the school with Bella. "Everything about him is dramatic."

Andromeda nodded her head to the side and smiled. "Touché."

━━𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦!

➥short chapter, ik, the upcoming ones will be longer