27 ✘ whore cotoure pt.4

I'VE COME TO my decision

I'VE COME TO my decision. I'm not doing Halloween.

"Alhamdulillah my daughter is finally using her brain!" Mom praises as she enters my room, I can only roll my eyes at her antics. She's been telling me Halloween is celebrating the birth of the devil ever since I can remember.

"I made zereshk polo for you, and if you need anything for the next few days you know you can call me," she says once calming down. She's going over to my aunt Jaleh's house to congratulate her and see my new baby cousin, leaving me by myself for the rest of the week.

I perk up at that, feeling hungry for the meal already. "Really?" She nods, moving closer to me and placing a kiss on my head. "I'll be fine, mom." I sigh into her hug, and she squeezes tighter.

She's always been apprehensive to leave me alone, and I know it's under good intentions but I wish she wouldn't worry so much.

"Of course azizam, I'll be back next week. If you need anything Nadia you can always go to the Cathans's," Mom sees my nose scrunch up at that, she doesn't comment on it. "Or the Aster's, wherever you want."

I shake my head, letting her know I've heard and will do that if I need anything. I doubt I will. Contrary to the belief that belongs to my mother, I am self—sufficient.

"Okay, okay. Dont stay up too late and eat the food," She reminds me, before placing a departing kiss on my forehead again and leaving the room.

Twenty minutes later, I catch sight of her headlights flashing into my bedroom, then she's really gone.

I turn my attention back to my TV screen and shuffle back into my bed sheets getting cozy as I try and pick something to watch to get my mind off of the Halloween party. It's not that I have FOMO or anything, in fact, I'm grateful that I'm at home, rather than the possibility of seeing him.

I sigh, clicking onto a random film and settling into my bed as the opening begins. I blink back tired as the two main characters come onto the screen, they're at what looks like a train station — both in differing school uniforms. That's about the last thing I remember fully seeing.

My eyes fall heavily soon after and I'm only slightly aware of my surroundings as I fall in and out of conciseness.

I don't know how long I've been knocked out but when I wake again at the continuous sound of what seems to be the relentless knocking and ringing of a bell, I get up, not completely coherent.

I reach for my robe that's splayed out on my tufted ottoman, once I wrap the fluffy blue robe around myself I make my way down the stairs, lifting the robe at the front so I don't trip on myself whilst doing so. I regret not looking at the camera system upstairs that shows who's on the other side, when I reach the door.

"Who is it?" I call out, trying to make out the figure through the tiny glass part of the door. When a familiar voice calls back out, I open the door wearily.