35 ✘ if i'm onto you, you must be onto me

the morning | the weeknd❝better slow down, she'll feel it in the mornin'ain't the kind of girl you'll be seein' in the mornin'❞

❝better slow down, she'll feel it in the mornin'
ain't the kind of girl you'll be seein' in the mornin'❞

"THERE'S A CAR outside." Casteel says walking into my room, "And I think it's for you."

I go to stand, wordlessly reaching for my bag and eyes glued onto my phone as I read over some of the corrections Mr Hendricks had emailed me for my politics practice test.

Surprisingly, I'm adjusting pretty well to the change of subject. Politics is just a load of bullshit disguised by suits and a hefty vocabulary.

Mr. Hendricks has written two question marks next to one of my points and I feel defensive already. What does he mean '??' It's pretty self—explanatory. I begin to type away, trying my best to not sound like I'm angry as I explain myself.

I collide with Casteel which throws me off my response completely, I go to look up and berate him but he doesn't look apologetic, in fact his eyebrows are down and pulled together. A crease forms between them. He looks...angry.

"What is it, Casteel?" I ask, already knowing he's got some bullshit to spew my way.

"Funnily enough Vals, the car looks a lot like Caleb Delvaùx's one."

I sigh, putting away my phone in my bag. "That's because it is. Now, let me through before I'm late." I go to walk past him again but Casteel doesn't budge and unlike Caleb I am not gifted the double door option so it's not like I can sneak my way through another door.

"Casteel, I'm not joking!" I snap. "Let me through." What is he doing? This is so unlike him. Casteel isn't the type of brother to keep me from seeing a guy.

I'd like to think he isn't an asshole either but I'm currently not in a very fond mindset of him.

"Sit on the bed, Valé." He instructs.

I breathe out laughter. What is he on? "No! Why would I do that?"

"Sit on the bed or you aren't leaving this room."

"I'm so telling mom and dad about this." I spew, before begrudgingly taking a seat at the edge of my bed.

I watch, fire brewing in my eyes as Casteel approaches closer toward me. "I know boys like Caleb Delvaùx. Fuck, I am a guy like Caleb Delvaùx," I feel my nose scrunch up at the comparison. "So, what are you playing at?"

"What do you mean, what am I playing at? Nothing. I'm just hanging out with him."

Casteel makes a sound at the back of his throat, disagreeing. "I know you Valé, my little sister isn't willingly hanging around Caleb Delvaùx." Well, that definitely gives me some kind of self—confidence.