10.

SMUT WARNING (Slight)

***

We sit and watch the sunset slowly go down over the water.

"I'm sorry for always bothering you. I felt bad seeing you cry the other day."

"It's fine. I think it's true what you said at the club, I would be bored without you." I say and he grins.

We stare into each others eye for a moment. My heart races when he starts to lean forward a little bit. I was expecting him to roughly smash our lips together, but instead he gently grabs my chin and places his lips on mine. The feeling confuses me, I've never kissed anybody this way before and I doubt Rafe have either.

I move onto his lap and he deepens the kiss. He grabs my butt and pulls me harder down on him. I moan in his mouth and I feel him start to smirk.

He quickly starts to slide his pants down just enough to expose himself, then rips my shorts to the side and lowers me down on him again. I rock my hips back and forth and he kisses me again.

It was so gentle and romantic that I forgot it was Rafe who was underneath me.

"Well that was different." Rafe huffed after we finish and I laugh.

"Not your style hey?" I joke.

"No, and you know that."

I laugh and look out toward the water again. My heart drops for a moment when I see John B's boat coming our way.

"Shit." I mutter and scurry to put my hoodie back on. "Come on."

Rafe sits up and follows me down the ladder.

"Do you think they saw us?" I say when we get to his bike.

He shrugs his shoulders, not rushing to get his helmet on.

"So what if they did?"

"You wouldn't care?"

"Its only your friends"

"They would literally try to kill you." I say and he chuckles, finally sitting on the bike.

"See you around." He says and takes off. I watch him until he goes out of sight, then I turn around to see the boat just pulling up to my dock.

I straighten myself out and walk to the deck. I pray to god that they never seen us on the roof.

"Hey loser!" JJ yells as John B ties the boat on. Kie runs down the boardwalk to me.

"Was that you and Rafe on the roof?" She asks.

"Did everyone see?" I ask.

"No, I distracted them when I noticed." She huffs.

"Thank you." I say and she nods.

The rest join us and we sit outside on the deck for a little while before they all decide it's time to go to their own places.

"What's going on between you and Rafe anyway? I thought you hated him." Kie asks when we go inside.

"I really don't know. We talked tonight like normal people and it was nice." I shrug.

"Neither of you are normal... no offence, but I don't think Rafe is the best person to be with."

"We are just friends, nothing more is ever going to happen." I say.

"I hope you're right." Kie says.

*** ONE NIGHT LATER ***

We all hop in twinkie and head to Sarah's for a party. I haven't seen Rafe since last night but I don't feel nervous anymore. I feel like our chat last night changed a lot between us. We know each other on a more personal level now.

Tonight I wore makeup and dressed a little sexier because I want Rafe to notice me and not every other girl in here. I want his constant attention now.

"I need a drink." JJ says when he steps into the house. A lot of people were outside tonight instead of inside which I like. House parties become too overwhelming sometimes because it's so hot and everybody is crammed together, even though the house is huge.

"Anyone in particular you're looking for?" A voice says from behind me. I turn around and smile.

"Just my friends." I reply.

"They are right in front of you." Rafe says and I smile.

"I wasn't looking for you." I shrug.

"I think you were." He says.

He hands me a solo cup and I take a sip. The cold beer rushing down my throat feels great.

I can't help but admire Rafe in his shorts and button up shirt. I think it's cute that he dresses like a little innocent rich boy but he's the complete opposite. His hat lays backwards on his head, his hair peeping out from the sides.

"Cassie, you're staring." He says and I shake my head to focus my eyes on other people besides him.

"I wasn't." I say and he smirks.

***

As the night goes by I obviously get more and more drunk. Rafe has been mingling around because I don't think he likes being seen with me for too long.

I on the other hand have stayed in the living room showing off my best moves for at least an hour. Most of the people are outside including Kie and the rest.

My eyes are closed and my hips are swinging to the music. I haven't seen Rafe in a little while but that's because I'm surrounded by mostly guys that Rafe don't really like.

I feel somebody come close to me and I hope it's Rafe but when I open my eyes I seen him just walk into the living room. His eyes laid right on mine and he clenches his jaw. He stops dead in his tracks and stares at the guy behind me. I stop moving and Rafe starts walking toward me.

He grabs my arm and pulls me away from the living room and down an empty hallway. He slams me against the wall and his breath is heavy.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"That fucking guy." He growls.

"What about him?" I ask.

"He was rubbing up all over you." He says and I try to hide my smile.

"Are you jealous Rafe." I say and he shoots me a glare and rolls his eyes.

"No." He huffs.

"I'm sorry. He came over to me." I shrug.

Rafe runs his fingers through his hair and licks his bottom lip.

I smile to myself, I would never have thought that Rafe would have been jealous over me. Maybe more will happen between us?