11

A second chapter today to make up for the wait over the weekend.

*** THE NEXT MORNING ***

I wake up in my own bed, alone. I wanted to stay with Rafe last night but JJ and John B had to carry me to the van to get me home before Rafe got the chance to get me himself. I was pretty drunk last night, the last thing I remember is Rafe pulling me away from everybody because he was jealous.

I roll over and grab my phone from the table.

Rafe: Country club today? Just you and me?

Me: Okay, what time?

Rafe: 11, if that's good with you. I'll be by to pick you up.

Me: Sounds good, I'll be ready

I look at the time to see that it's already quarter after ten. I rush out of bed to shower. I choose a nicer outfit, maybe to put less pressure on him about being with a pogue, people may think that I'm a kook.

"Kie! Put me on some breakfast" I shout from the shower. She yell something back but I can't hear clearly, I'm just hoping she listened.

I spray some perfume on after getting dressed. I put my hair back into a braid and head out to the kitchen. I see toast and eggs sitting on the kitchen table.

"I love you." I say as I sit down.

"That was supposed to be mine, but you look like you're in a hurry." She says. "Why are you dressed like that?"

I look down at my white skirt and blue tank top.

"What's wrong with it?"

"Looks like something a kook would wear." She shrugs.

"Just wanted to change the look today." I say.

"Why are you in a rush anyway?"

"No reason." I lie and she rolls her eyes. That means she knows exactly what I'm about to do.

I basically shove the food down my throat and rush to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I hear a truck coming down the driveway so I run straight through the house and out the door. I run right to the truck and jump in.

"Excited to see me?" Rafe says when I get in.

"No." I say and he backs out of the driveway.

We ride in silence for most of the way, I want to tease him for being jealous last night but I don't know how he will react to that.

When we get to the country club, he unloads his clubs from the truck and I follow him to the course. I watch him set up and swing a few practices hits, his muscles showing very nicely through his shirt.

"Cassie you need to stop staring at me like that all the time." Rafe says.

"You're standing back on, how do you even know that I'm looking at you."

"Because I know you." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Okay, let's see that swing." He says and I feel a little nervous. I know I'm a good golfer, but being with Rafe can be intimidating sometimes.

I move next to him and stand in position. I swing and hit the ball first try, we watch it fly down the course and he smiles a little. Without saying anything, he picks up the clubs and starts walking toward where the ball landed.

We pass a few people but they hardly even look at us. I guess I don't really stand out wearing this outfit.

***