〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟗〛the unforeseen and the predictable

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: the USJ incident and a lesson learned...

"The only real heroes I see are Thirteen and Eraser Head." A voice boomed. Uncomfortably loud given you could hear it even though the speaker was in the central plaza. "Perplexing. According to the schedule we retrieved from UA, All Might should be here as well."

"So you scumbags used the press as a cover and sneaked onto campus." Aizawa snapped back.

Your eyes widened when you noticed a familiar person. Oh fuck... "The blue haired guy with the hands... I saw him when the alarm went off." Aizawa and a few others turned to you. "I thought he was a student..."

"Ugh... I'm so stupid." You thought mentally kicking yourself for not doing anything.

"Maybe if I kill a few kids, he'll come out to play." A scratchy voice pulled you from your self-loathing.

The tension in your class was clear, most students looked petrified.

"What? Real villains? No way. How could so many of 'em get into a UA facility this secure?" Kirishima asked.

"Yeah, Thirteen. Why aren't the alarms going off?" Momo asked.

"Good question. I'm not sure." Thirteen said softly. They seemed just as confused.

"Is the entire campus under attack? Or is this their only target?" You glanced over to see the half-and-half hair guy talking. Why was he so calm? You were too but you'd actually faced villains before... Had he also?

"I doubt they're attacking the whole campus." You commented. "The school is massive and there are tons of hero agencies surrounding the area. They would need an army to pull that off."

The boy (you thought his name was Todoroki) nodded in agreement. "Either way, if the alarm sensors aren't being triggered, then one of these villains must have a Quirk that's masking their presence here. They carefully chose this isolated facility as an entry point at a time when a class was being taught. They're fools for trespassing here, but they've thought this out. Whatever their plan, they must have a concrete objective in mind. But what is it?"

"All Might." You answered immediately. That earned you a bunch of concerned stares and a panicked look from Midoriya (what was with Midoriya and All Might?). "I mean... You heard them 'According to the schedule we retrieved from UA, All Might should be here as well.' Sounds like he's their target. But beyond that and how they plan to do this... Who knows..."

"Thirteen, get them outta here." Aizawa stepped protectively between the class and the stairway. "And alert the main campus. "Actually, if they've got the ability to block our sensors, then they might be jamming our regular communications, too. Kaminari, try using your Quirk to contact the school."

Kaminari jumped at the sudden attention but managed to stay calm under pressure. "Yes, sir."

"What're you gonna do? You can't fight them on your own! There's too many of 'em. Even if you can nullify their Quirks, your fighting style is not suited for this. Your power works best in stealth and one‐on‐one fights. That's not gonna help with a group." You raised a brow at Midoriya. Yup... A total hero nerd.

"You can't be a pro if you only have one trick." What a cool line but...

"Mr. Aizawa!" You yelled, stepping forward. "Let me help!"

The entire class stared at you dumbfounded. But Aizawa only glared. "Absolutely not. Get out of here, kid!"

You groaned and continued. "I have actual combat experience, remember? I've dealt with villains! I can help!"