〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒〛fun times and a winner?

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: more dialogue and papa saitama being the best!

You and your dad found a more secluded area in the halls close to the arena and had a mini picnic with the snacks your dad had bought. Not the most comfortable place to sit but the good food and good company made up for it.

When you'd scared All Might you'd felt awful about it. You didn't want anyone to be scared of you, much less a hero.

But this time... This time you felt fine about it, triumphant even.

It was weird. After all, you'd spent so much time doing your best to avoid scaring anyone. This was the first time you'd ever tried to intimidate someone.

You actually felt more satisfied than you did in any fight you'd been in. It wasn't challenging of course but it was satisfying. Endeavor pissed you off and it was grimly satisfying to watch him panic.

Especially after seeing the pain and rage on both your dad's and Shoto's faces.

You glanced at your dad's face, he was clearly still deep in thought, his expression a mixture of worried and pissed. You sighed, your dad was as good at overthinking as you were so you didn't hesitate to elbow him.

He jumped glancing over at you and seemingly caught your look and sighed.

"Whatcha thinking about?" You asked casually as you opened another one of the snack bags. (Your dad, being the best as usual, had brought all your favorites.)

"Nothing too interesting." Is what he said but you could tell from his focused expression and slight smile that he was probably planning something. Likely something nasty for Endeavor. Were it anyone else, you'd feel bad. Your dad was as petty as he was vindictive and twice as clever.

He turned to you with a smile, a softer one. "Sooo... the last match? What're your plans?"

You groaned. "Great question... no idea." You shoveled snacks into your mouth to give yourself some more time to think. "Hmmm." you swallowed, allowing yourself to slump backwards until you were laying on the ground.

"I don't know if I even want to win, I mean, Todoroki... his son, not the dumpster fire..." you clarified even though it was unnecessary since you were sure your dad knew who you meant. Though the dumpster fire comment made him smirk and hold back a chuckle. "He's.... I was going to say my friend but I don't think we are. He's my classmate and I want to fight him but I also don't want to fight him."

Despite how poorly worded your comments were, your dad knew what you meant. "Then don't worry about winning or losing. You already made 2nd place no matter how the final match ends up. Just try and have fun for me, kiddo. And here's hoping he can have fun too." Your dad had a sort of melancholic expression on his face and you knew that he wasn't only thinking about poor Shoto.

"I'll try. Hey, win or lose, I get to see Shoto's cool quirk up close! Pun intended." You smiled.

Your dad seemed to be about to answer but then something caught his attention. He smiled. "Well, speak of the devil and he shall appear."

You glanced past your dad, pulling yourself up none too gracefully to see a very confused looking Shoto standing in the hall. He cocked his head to the side, eyebrows furrowed at your dad's comment. "The devil?" He mumbled, his voice so quiet you were more lip reading than listening. He gave a quick glance over his shoulder then turned back confused. "No?"

You stifled a laugh. But you recovered quickly.

Your dad's smile didn't waver. "Ah, apologies! It's just a turn of phrase."