〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑〛apologies and entrances

𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: Y/N runs into some familiar faces, finally talks to All Might, and gets ready for the sports festival.

"EH?"

You jumped glancing over, seeing a bunch of your classmates standing surprised at the door.

"U-um, why the heck are you all here?" Bubbles- no, wait... Her name was Uraraka, commented with shock clear on her face.

"Do you students have some kind of business with our class?" Iida asked in his usual precise tone, accompanied with a stiff motionless chop hand.

You grabbed your bag and walked over peeking around your classmates. The hallway around the doorway was pretty much a sea of people.

"Why are you blocking our doorway? I won't let you hold us hostage!" Honestly, Grape was the last person who should deal with a blocked door. What could he do? Stick everyone to the door so they couldn't let you through?

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots. We're the class that survived a real villain attack." You nodded slightly. It was rare but sometimes Pomeranian reminded you that under all the yelling and cockiness, he was pretty damn observant. "They wanna see us with their own eyes."

Grape was desperately gesturing to Midoriya as if the poor broccoli was the Pomeranian handler which was a terrible idea (you were pretty damn sure Pom wouldn't hesitate to set Midoriya on fire). "Let's just hope he doesn't explode anybody..."

"At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it, extras." And back to your regularly scheduled Pom.

"You can't walk around calling people 'extras' just because you don't know who they are!" Iida barked and you wondered if he actually expected that to work or if he was just doing it cause he felt like he should as the class president.

"So this is Class 1-A..." A tired voice pierced through the crowd. "I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass. Is everyone in the hero course delusional or just you? How sad to come here and find a bunch of ego maniacs."

You watched Uraraka, Midoriya, Iida and Grape panic and after a moment you sighed and stepped up. "Nah, he's just like that. I'd say he means well but..." You fully took in the boy standing at the front of the crowd, remembering that unruly purple hair. "Wait a minute... It's you... From the entrance exam."

He raised a brow. "Oh... You're the girl that got crushed by that zero-pointer."

You deflated a tad, then you chuckled awkwardly. "Yeah... I did do that... In my defense it was a bit cooler than that. I mean... Not much cooler. But at least a bit..."

The purple haired boy stared at you for a moment, slight confusion on his face, as if he was trying to figure you out. Then seemingly, he either gave up or thought your classmates were more interesting. "I wanted to be in the hero course but like many others here, I was forced to choose a different track. Such is life." You raised a brow. Had Purple failed the physical exam? The exam was a lot of bullshit. Anyone without a physical quirk was absolutely boned.

"Tch." You stepped a tad closer to Pom and Purple. Just in case Pom decided to blow up (literally) and you needed to block another explosion. (though, if he burnt your egg sweatshirt, you may have to consider acquainting Pom's teeth with his stomach lining.)

"I didn't cut it the first time, but I have a second chance. If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us into the hero course. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room." You decided to nominate Grape for that. "Scouting the competition? I'm sure some of my peers are but I'm here to let you know that if you don't bring your best I'll steal your spot right from under you. Consider this a declaration of war."