Chapter Four

Welcome to Chapter four - a massive thank you for all of the votes, reads and comments - diving right in as this is over 2500 words (yes, I got a bit carried away and no, I can't split it) - so enjoy!!!

Scott POV

I was starting to get worried; it had been over an hour since Dad texted to say they had found Stiles and they still weren't back. I had taken to cleaning up and making everyone a cup of tea or coffee, trying my best to stay busy and not let all the thoughts run around in my head.

"Where are they? It has been over two hours since I got the message and the den I think they found him at is only what fifteen minutes down the road, I get it is raining and they need to be safe but it shouldn't take this long." I advise pacing back and forth my hands fiddling with my phone constantly as I try to control the nerves, I was feeling over what was happening.

"Scott, you know as well as I do just because they found him doesn't mean it is going to be quick to talk him into coming back. Maybe now more so than before we lost contact with him." Noah states and I know he is right; Stiles can be very stubborn and awkward when he wants to be. At least Mum and Dad are both there to help him and to talk him down, they can talk anyone out of anything.

"The main question I think we need answering before he does get back, is why he reacted the way he did when he saw Teresa and her friends. Also why do you call him Thomas for?" Lydia asks and I am glad she asked the burning question on everyone's mind. I know it needed answering but the emotions radiating off them all made me scared to ask.

Everyone silently takes a seat around Teresa and her friends with me sitting next to her looping my hand inside of hers to give some reassurance that I am here for her and not going anywhere. Once everyone is settled in, I notice the look between the group as though who would be best to explain or at least go first.

"Now, before we explain everything there are certain crucial bits of information you require first. Now the majority of the group here have no memory of anything that happened prior to nearly four years ago, this includes our names. The names we have are from the organisation that took us, they gave us a name relevant to our personality." Teresa starts to explain, and I can tell this is going to be not only a hard story for them to tell but one for us to listen to.

"We were all taken by an organisation called WCKD who conduct experiments on us all until we were sent into a Maze, one at a time each month like clockwork. Before they sent us up into the Maze, they placed us into this tank of water and we all woke up alone in dark metal cage coughing up water without a single memory of who we are, where we were or what was going on. After a day or two we each remembered our name and took on a job with the Glade that was situated in the middle of the Maze." Minho carries on explaining and I can feel the horror build more inside me as he explained everything that happened, I can't even begin to imagine how horrible and scary it was for them all to experience this.

"This continued without any issues for three years until Thomas arrived, man did he change everything, he was different to everyone else as he was curious and would question everything and anything. In the beginning it was annoying but then helped save my life, so I am thankful for him been the way he was. Shortly after this occurred, little miss grim reaper over here arrived and that is when it all went to hell to speak honestly. She arrived barely breathing and holding a note that turned into our doom." Alby explains next and I feel Teresa squeezing my hand tightly as though scared of how I was going to react.

"I generally think any doubt any of us had over Stiles and Thomas been the same person, has just disappeared within that very statement. Stiles is the stubbornest person ever and questions everything he can." Chris states and I can't help but smile at that statement because it is so true to the personality and definition of who Stiles is as a person.