Chapter Nine

Welcome to Chapter 9 - WOW! I can't believe this story has already got to 1k reads, that is completely bonkers - thank you so much everyone who has taken the time to read, vote and comment on this crossover so far - here is the next chapter, pre warning it is a bit long - enjoy!!!

Sheriff POV

As I walk back through the corridor towards Stiles room, I try and piece together that has happened since Stiles returned home out of the blue. The main part was that he seemed to have been more unconscious for the majority of it so haven't really had a chance to speak to him about everything.

As I nearer his room I can hear Scott's voice shouting and it also seemed as though he was crying also, I pick up my pace to find Scott and Teresa stood with Rafael, Dr Geyer and Melissa. Hang on I thought Scott and Teresa were keeping Stiles company until he was back just in case he woke up; I didn't want him to wake up alone.

"What is going on here? I can hear you from the other side of the Hospital. I am surprised you haven't woken Stiles up with all of this shouting." I state loudly once I get to them stopping their conversation in its tracks, I can't help but notice the tear stains on Melissa's face.

"Bit impossible to do that, when he isn't even... I'm sorry I can't." Scott states before turning around and running back down the hallway with Teresa running after him.

"Does anyone care to tell me what on earth is going on?" I ask getting more concerned after seeing Scott's reaction and the inability to tell me what has happened. Also, what did he mean it would be impossible to wake Stiles up?

"Noah, I'm sorry but Stiles is gone." Dr Geyer states as he opens the door behind him into Stiles room to show an empty room, the bed is empty even of the sheets and the monitors were all turned off. It was as though no one had ever even been a patient in that room.

"What do you mean by gone? Rafael, where is my boy?" I ask my voice shaking as I feel my coffee slip from my fingers before my legs collapse from underneath me.

Rafael catches me before I fully hit the floor and gently guides me to the floor and hugs me tightly, gently rocking me back and forth as I allow floods of tears to escape me as my heart broke.

"I failed. I failed Claudia, I promised I would keep our son safe, I failed them both. I am so sorry!" I scream as I break down in Rafael's arms as the pain inside me doesn't feel like it is going to end, I deserve every inch of it.

"Noah, listen to me! You have not failed either of them, you did everything in your power to protect him and you made him into the man he is today. He couldn't have survived the horrors he has had to endure without the strength he learnt from you." Rafael states and I still fill my heart racing in my chest as I try and concentrate on the words he is saying.

"Noah, if Stiles hadn't have gone what he went through then Teresa, Minho, Gally, Chuck, Alby and entire village of people would not be alive and free right now. He is a hero in ever aspect of the word; you never failed them." Melissa advises and I hadn't even noticed that she had crouched down to where Rafael is now cuddling me on the floor.

"How do I carry on living without him? I am so alone in the world right now." I state my voice breaking as I try to control the stream of tears pouring down my face and the flooding of emotions threatening to drag me under to a place, I have no escape from.

I feel Rafael's arms tighten around me trying to provide comfort, but these are not the arms I need right now, the ones I need I will never feel them wrapping themselves around me again. As I close my eyes, I hear several footsteps approaching from different directions, but I remain unmoving not daring to look to see him not standing in front of me.