Chapter 1 - Prologue

Do you believe in destiny?

Jade, known as the guardian of generations, plays a crucial role within each flow of time. For it is said that not only will this precious gem protect its holder, but it will also guide its keeper to encounter their fated one.

 For it is said that not only will this precious gem protect its holder, but it will also guide its keeper to encounter their fated one

In a serene garden, under the warm rays of the morning sun, two people basked in the beautiful scenery before them. No words were exchanged, not even a fly dared to interrupt the couple.

Suddenly, the cedar-haired beauty grabbed his partner's hand, gently placing a jade pendant in their palm. The dark-haired man stared at the pendant in his hands, shocked as he struggled to form any words. Shifting his gaze, he then was greeted with the gentlest smile from the person he treasured most.

Overwhelmed by his feelings, the man couldn't help but pull the other into a tight embrace.

Time seemed to stop as the pair shared this beautiful moment.

But the tranquil scene quickly cuts to the person with the crimson ribbon now crying.

"If I knew it'd end like this, I wished I never met you." 

The cedar-haired man ran away, leaving the dark-haired man with an anguished expression on his face.

Xiao Tian opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling.

"That dream again.." he muttered.

Who were they? What happened? And most importantly, why does he keep on seeing this dream? Xiao Tian wondered, but he quickly dismissed the thought for he had a lot of things on his plate. The onyx-haired man briskly got up from his bed and proceeded to get ready for his next mission.