Chapter 33 - Xiao Tian

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Xiao Tian was staring at Bai Feng treating his injury when a memory from the assassin's past resurfaced. As seconds passed, the short-haired man became more and more anxious about what the cedar-haired beauty was going to think about his panther form. So when the informant was off guard, Xiao Tian struck him in the head, hoping he would forget what happened back in the cave.

P.S. This is an M-rated chapter, you may skip if you can't enjoy it~

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Days turned into weeks as the team was stuck dealing with the aftereffects of the mine's poisonous fumes. The pair of assassins came back and forth just to make sure the brothers were alright from time to time but their missions pretty much occupied them.

"How's your shoulder?" the informant went into the hut Xiao Tian stayed in.

"Painful," the assassin said, void of any emotions.

Truthfully speaking, a couple of days after the brothers treated him, Xiao Tian's shoulder had fully healed. All thanks to his half-beast power. But to hide this fact, the assassin had to pretend that he was still in pain.

Besides, being treated by the informant isn't a bad thing..

However, nothing gets past the doctor. Qiu Cheng noticed the assassin's range of motion was pretty much back to normal, his shoulders had stopped swelling and it was not tender to the touch.. The doctor was definitely impressed by how rapidly the masked man was healing.

It's almost inhumane.

"The villagers are doing better, so we can leave soon. Any more leads on your end?" the informant gently took off the assassin's hanfu to check on his shoulder.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"During my investigation, I stumbled upon a cave." the jade-eyed assassin reported once he entered the organization leader's dark room.

"What did you see?" those gray irises quickly turned into slits.

"Beastmen. Feral half-panthers." Xiao Tian kept his gaze fixed on his leader.

"And?" the association's boss crossed his legs.

"The cave was buried, and the mine got sealed off." the onyx-haired assassin reported.

"Poke your nose into uncharted territory again without my permission and I will personally end you." the tanned assassin warned.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"HeiLi? Are you alright?" the informant asked as he finished massaging the assassin's back.

"Mn." the assassin simply hummed as he watched the informant stand up and smooth down his hanfu.

"It's getting late, I shall draw you a bath. Don't take too long or you'll catch a cold" Bai Feng reminded, when he accidentally made eye contact with the assassin.

Those sharp jade eyes complimented his chiseled jaw, even the moonlight cooperated by highlighting his high nose bridge..

"Alright, you are done." the golden-eyed man had finished rinsing Xiao Tian's body and was about to leave when the assassin suddenly grabbed onto Bai Feng's waist.