Chapter 20 - This is unlike you

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Xiao Tian finally did it, he stabbed Bai Feng in the chest. And soon, the man in his arms will be completely depleted of all his life force.

But why did he stay with his target after assassinating? An even bigger question is, why did the merciless assassin spare his target?

Alas, even if Bai Feng made it out alive after that night, everything is over.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"I heard you went to pay the little prince a visit?" Zi Shi asked as he looped his whip, yanking a man's arm before slitting their throat.

"None of your business.." the jade-eyed assassin checked for any signs of life before declaring that their mission was completed.

"Then how come he's still breathing the last time I checked? The purple-haired assassin taunted, yet received no response from his junior.

"He is your target, and you are an assassin. Once you lose your kill drive, you'll become useless HeiLi. Remember that." the alluring man warned as the pair leaped onto the rooftops.

"For you who have never failed to kill, even two times is one too many." the senior assassin cocked his eyebrow.

"Are you perhaps.. Interested in him?" the beautiful assassin had a bitter tone as he asked this question. But as expected, it's mostly a one-way conversation with this man, for Xiao Tian never answers if he doesn't feel like it.

"You and that informant are living different lives, HeiLi. He doesn't even know you.. The real you.." the half-masked assassin hissed.

"You don't either. I don't even know myself" the onyx-haired assassin finally replied before speeding up ahead, leaving the alluring assassin in a sour mood.

"But I'm always by your side.. Why can't you ever see that.." the gray-eyed assassin muttered bitterly.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"Easy now.." the doctor supported his little brother as the bedridden patient struggled to get out of bed on his own.

"You were unconscious for a while, it's normal to feel weak. Don't be angry at yourself Bai Feng.." the medic sensed the frustration coming off the informant during their therapy sessions.

"This one apologizes for the trouble.." the little brother sighed before continuing his training to get back his motor skills.

"One at a time.. No rush" the gentle medic urged as he guided his brother to walk around the room once more.

Bai Feng had regained most of his movements these few days, it's just a matter of time before he could recover his strength to resume his daily activities independently again.

As the morning dew dripped from one leaf to another, a jade-eyed feline was watching the cedar-haired man's every move.

"I'll visit again soon, don't force yourself and get some rest alright?" the doctor bid his goodbyes.

That was when Bai Feng noticed an adorable black cat staring at him. Slowly, the cedar-haired man got up from his bed and called for his servants. Not long after, the golden-eyed beauty crouched down and put a plate of food on the floor. With a low purr, the black cat appeared from the shadows and started to nibble on the plate of fish the informant just put down. The long-haired beauty then lets out a sigh, burying his face on his knees before he feels a nudge on his right leg.