Chapter 11 - A fleeting moment

Chapter Notes:

Recap: the pair went to the festival on their day off: a "date" as Xiao Tian called it. The two finally had the opportunity to learn about each other, the fact that the assassin can't stand spice nor seafood, while Bai Feng can't seem to appreciate the taste of tanghulu.

P.S. this chapter is more dialogue-heavy so while BaiTian can get to know each other through this arc, we too can better understand how they interact now!

The fluff continues~ come and enjoy the premium quality dog food with us authors ;A;

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"Oh? Your mission to buy us drinks seems to be successful~" Xiao Tian teased as he took the tea tray off Bai Feng's hands.

"Gongzi.. Here's a bowl of tangyuan to go with your tea. It's on us." the lady from the tea stall handed a dessert bowl to Bai Feng.

"Finally someone appreciates Xiao Bai's beauty" the assassin hummed in amusement, teasing Bai Feng has been a new hobby of his.

"How are we supposed to eat this without a table.." said the informant, ignoring the cheeky man's remarks completely as he looked around for seats.

"You can just feed me ^^" the assassin proposed and Bai Feng was about to protest when Xiao Tian continued,

"Or you can hold the tray and I'll feed you~"

Realizing that it's a lose-lose situation for the long-haired beauty, Bai Feng chose to have the position of control.

"Which filling do you prefer? There's black sesame and peanut"

"I don't mind, but I prefer black sesame"

..you say you don't mind but you DO have a preference. What a child.. Bai Feng thought as he blew on the piping hot glutinous rice ball, feeding it to Xiao Tian once it was chilled enough.

Xiao Tian watched as the golden-eyed beauty munched happily on the sweet dessert, his vision being especially colorful at the moment. Though he couldn't help but worry, what if this fleeting moment would also comes to an end after tonight?

After all, this light could also vanish in an instant.

As the festival goes on, Xiao Tian got to see different expressions of the informant. Watching Bai Feng throughout the night, the assassin can't help but feel this weird, yet warm sensation bubbling in his chest. The golden-eyed beauty was slowly becoming more relaxed throughout the night as he let his inner child show. From being mischievous to being amused by simple things, even the tiniest smiles of the cedar-haired man weren't missed by the observant assassin.

Am I having some sort of heart disease? Why won't my heart calm down? Do I like festivals after all? Thought the clueless assassin. While being distracted by his own thoughts, Xiao Tian never realized his partner left his side. Looking around, the short-haired man then spotted the cedar-haired beauty in front of an ornament stall.

"Something caught your eye Xiao Bai?" the assassin approached but was taken aback when Bai Feng turned around with a white fox mask covering the top half of his face.