Chapter 27 - Identity

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Xiao Tian and Bai Feng spent an intimate night together, yet the informant couldn't recall what happened as he was heavily drunk.

On one hand, the assassin wished that the cedar-haired beauty would remember, but on the other hand, he was relieved that Bai Feng couldn't remember what they did.

We will update the chapter art soon~

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Ever since that night, the short-haired assassin can't help but want to stay close to the informant. Just like a moth drawn to the flame, Xiao Tian craved Bai Feng's warmth. The assassin then sighed, missing the drunken version of the golden-eyed beauty that night, he was just too adorable. He wished that the stoic man would be more honest in his coherent state too.

"Anything bothering you?" Bai Feng asked as he stopped writing on his scroll, noticing that the assassin was quieter than usual.

You would chase me out if you knew what I was thinking in my mind Xiao Bai.. thought the assassin.

"Anyway, why do you suddenly have a net around your bed Xiao Bai?" the assassin eyed the net that completely ruined the aesthetic of the room.

"Insect bites.." the informant huffed in annoyance.

Wait.. He can't possibly think the marks I left were.. The assassin fought the urge to facepalm that very moment.

"These won't keep the 'insect' away Xiao Bai.." the onyx-haired man sighed as he took down the netting.

Xiao Tian was both frustrated and relieved that the informant couldn't remember much when he got drunk. After all, if the golden-eyed beauty remembered everything, there was a high chance that he would shut himself away from the assassin.

Seeing Xiao Tian sighing multiple times this evening, the informant can't help but ask.

"Are you.. perhaps unwell?" the cedar-haired man now looked at Xiao Tian with slight concern in his eyes.

"Yeah.. Maybe I do need a breather.." the assassin replied as he took off his mask and placed it on the table.

But this action made the informant highly alert.

Bai Feng immediately stood up and grabbed his sword with a serious look on his face.

"What is your objective—" the cedar-haired beauty asked suspiciously. Xiao Tian tried to approach the cedar-haired beauty but was quickly stopped by a blade pointed at his neck.

"Don't take a step closer" the informant warned, his sword still unwavering.

"Xiao Bai? Why are you suddenly like this.." the assassin remained expressionless yet there were signs of slight distress.